Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Twas the Nite before the Nite before ...

Twas the Nite before the Nite before ...
December 24, 2015 01:40AM
Hope you are enjoying the Season

I'm doing a bit of Christmas gift finishing in the shop. I made most of the gifts when I felt lousy, so I with my luck; I'll look healed for Christmas and have to say .... hey, presents are nearly finished. So; the meds are helping and I'm trying to get a bit finished. Grandkids need Christmas presents, ya know. Hehe. Hoho.

Anybody have a good Christmas shopping story?

Wait ... I have one. I had ordered something special - handmade by another artist. Honest. However; it didn't get finished. Artists! why me. Haha.

Just checking in.

Gary
December 24, 2015 12:20PM
Not today. Maybe tomorrow!
Later,
Jeff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 05:56PM by jcwward2.
Anonymous User
December 24, 2015 09:41PM
Merry Christmas to all.
December 25, 2015 01:08AM
Hi Gary,

Merry Christmas to you and Kelly as well as everyone in the forum.

julio
December 25, 2015 01:45AM
Gary :

Merry Christmas! Take care of yourself and get some rest among all the festivities.

Karl
December 25, 2015 05:22AM
Just returned from work. Going back again today. Get crackin'

Merry Christmas.

A blast from the past:

Lon
SSgang.jpg
December 25, 2015 03:50PM
Hi Lon,

Thanks for bringing great memories with that picture. Merry Christmas to you all.Snowman
December 25, 2015 05:56PM
And with Jeff looking on too!

There I stand with the door prizes we gave away at that show .... whistling

Gonna be great to get the guns rolling again. Shoot - CHECK. Thanksgiving - CHECK. Christmas - CHECK. FREE TO WORK IN SHOP - PRICELESS

GARY
December 25, 2015 11:24PM
Classic! Fingers on the triggers too. Oh how I miss the days of the old gunfighters and men that were real men - lol!
Thanks Lon,
Jeff
December 25, 2015 11:25PM
Aye, priceless! Good on ya.
Later,
Jeff
December 27, 2015 02:38AM
Jeff, did ya realize who was in the picture?wink
Edit: I see Gary mentioned it.

Finally! I'm on vacation this week.woodsman

Edit2: There is so much history in that one photo. Julio, Jeff, my stolen gun and one of Cecil's who was there and passed recently. There may be other thing about the photo but they're slipping my mind at the moment...............................Oh, yes, I believe we were shooting the small caliber pistol Gary is holding at the recent shoot and it looks just as good now as it did then when it was pretty fresh out of the shop.

Did I leave out anyone or anything.wink

Lon.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 02:46AM by Bigbore.
December 27, 2015 03:00AM
Hi Love,

Julio is standing by the Yukon 2 in 58 cal. That is a beast. IIRC, that's the one y'all chewed off the posts of the sighting target with whistling.

Yes, that's the Chaparrel 25 pistol. Huge bunch of rounds thru that. Amazingly accurate pistol. I made a carbine buttstock for it. It's been a regular at every event. Wish I'd have made a thousand of them.

There's a vintage 25 Ranger there. It had been sold to a second buyer as in mint condition. Well, only if the "Mint" had been attacked by a demented hacker. It was a huge mess, and the second owner came to me to sort it out. I converted it to a 32. The first 32 Ranger. The Second owner sold it to Cecil. He liked it so much (now it had a blonde maple stock) but he wanted a Brunette.... I mean Walnut stocked version to accompany. That's the other rifle in the bench.

With Cecil's passing, one of our crew here picked up the Blonde 32, and I've lost track of the Walnut one.

The other pistol I'm holding is the 45 Hoss. Brand new. Was available for sale at this Kentucky (the last) Standing Stone.

Lost of stories there. I still wait for someone to call me one day with your 32 Ranger Magnum.

Gary
December 28, 2015 12:53PM
Lon
Is that Cecil behind Gary in baseball cap?
I never met him but did attend his airgun auction . I think it had 3-4 Barnes guns and I got one of them besides a few other goodies !
BTW, he also had 2 big tow behind air cannons . One shot golf balls and the other shot beer cans filled with cement ! They were all OD green on military trailers .

PS how long has Gary been calling you love ? HOHOHO

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 01:01PM by kurt wag.
December 28, 2015 01:02PM
Kurt,

The guy in the cap behind Gary is Julio.

Lon
December 28, 2015 01:06PM
Hey Lon,
Not Julio, the other guy... Slightly to the right and directly behind Gary??? Kurt has it going on,
December 28, 2015 02:01PM
Lon
Directly behind Gary there is a gray hairedan kinda sitting . There are 4 people in pic . You can barely see a black cap and blue jeans .

Thanks
Kurt
December 28, 2015 02:28PM
Great comments. Love the pic.

I saw the guy too. But don't think it was Cecil. Cecil was about 6' 2" and his hair was more white IIRC.
I suspect it was a fellow attending the show.

There's yet another gun on the far, far left table. It's pixelated and fuzzy. Just a buttstock. Hasn't occurred to me yet what it is.

Fun to see the pics. I have thousands on an aux. hard drive and about six busted computers. Stuff not accessible without total devotion to the task. If you are better organized (wouldn't take much), please post some old stuff as you run across it.

Gary
December 28, 2015 01:04PM
Gees Kurt you have good eyes! I had to look carefully to even see the person behind Gary.
Good catch,
Jeff
December 28, 2015 12:09PM
Hey Lon,
Now I do. I'm afraid that I don't even remember that event. It is nice to see that some things never change and good people still continue to get together. Thanks for pointing it out. I hope you had great holidays and wish you the best for 2016!
Later,
Jeff
December 28, 2015 03:32PM
Hey Lon,
What year was that picture taken. And it was KY, right? I am trying so hard to remember that. Frustrating, but clearly I was there. It must have been before the open heart surgery that took some of my memory.
Thanks much,
Jeff
December 28, 2015 04:03PM
Jeff,

Kentucky

Standing Stone 4 (the last one).

Probably about 05.

You were there. Remember, you parachuted in dressed as a Super Hero. Your Cape got caught in the zip line Bear target, and it took us 90 minutes to get you down. You refused to let us cut the cape - remember?

Gary
December 28, 2015 05:20PM
Gary,
Oh yeah, the zip line... Now I don't remember fer sure! Er. No, no, now I think it's coming to me. I have that cape around here somewhere?? Truly there are cobwebs. The surgery was in '07.' Thanks much, it helps.
Later,
Jeff

P.S. No wonder we both look like babies!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 05:23PM by jcwward2.
December 29, 2015 03:35PM
Hi Gary,

I do remember the conversation that I was having with Jeff at that very moment of the picture. We were admiring a .58 caliber slug and commenting about how heavy and huge it was. After that I told Jeff to help me take a picture of the slug besides a quarter, just for size reference. Great memories!

julio
December 29, 2015 03:54PM
Wow Julio, I wish I could do that!
I'm impressed,
Jeff
December 25, 2015 01:35PM
Hi Gary and Kelly and all of the Forum Fans and Members,
Still no good story to tell, but the story of the birth of the Savior is pretty awesome! Attended a nice candle light service last night and had a nice fire in the back yard. Now it's off to work in a few hours. Enjoy the Christ celebration as you and your family choose to and have a great Christmas.
Later,
Jeff
December 25, 2015 02:51PM
Merry Christmas Gary And Kelly Dory
December 25, 2015 02:56PM
To all
Merry Christmas . I hope everyone enjoys the season of family and friends .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021