Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Starting out to be a VERY QUIET new year ....

Starting out to be a VERY QUIET new year ....
January 05, 2016 02:02AM
Anybody able to crawl to their keyboard? Blink your eye if you can hear me ...,
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
January 05, 2016 10:13AM
Gary

Those look really nice . I'll bet your super proud at the finish product . I know you said you were going to use thinner gage stock to keep cost down , are these the ones ? I personally like the heavier copper 3/32" . I have worn mine out one time and I don't think my son has taken his off yet !

It's been very cold here and snowy . 5 deg this morning and the floor in my house felt like ice . It's surley slipper weather in the my living room .

Take care and keep up the good work bowing

Ps We got about a foot of the Great Lake effect snow yesterday . Wonder what they got in Maryland ? Hehe

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2016 10:16AM by kurt wag.
January 05, 2016 03:04PM
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for posting. Especially with frozen fingers. I feel for ya brother. That is very cold. I forget - is your tractor gas or diesel? Do you keep a block heater on it?

No fear. 3/32" Copper is in stock. The Rolling Mill is happy to accept it. I didn't make a policy change - just an option of heavier or lighter.

Thanks, you are correct. I really needed pics in order to try to expand the market. I had to have the range of products. I've heard a few people say they are wearing their cuff 24/7. I'm hoping that leads to somebody seeing them that needs to have one. I have a plan I'll outline in a seperate post.

I wish you warm socks and hat Kurt! Remember, its always warm at the Rendezvous. Drop by often.

Gary
January 05, 2016 12:44PM
Hi Gary,
Those are awesome. Will there be any in aluminum too? Thanks for sharing your work, I know it was intensive to get those to completion.
Later,
Jeff
January 05, 2016 03:15PM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting. Yes, there is aluminum too. Working on that. Getting the roll correct.

Check out my new post/program.

Remember - we meet by the fire here in the evening. We have to keep Kurt awake until at least 8:30. Haha.

Gary
January 06, 2016 11:06AM
Ok Gary,
I checked out the initial introduction posts. I'll keep an eye on where they go.
Fire, what fire, where, how many alarms, we'll get there yet, yes we will!
8:30? Who stays up that late???
Later,
Jeff
January 06, 2016 11:35AM
Jeff
Only us workin stiffs have to get up early to beat the traffic . Independent contractors (aka Gary ) can start whenever he wants . Plus there's no traffic jams at BPS , just occasional flooding ! But.... The flip side is I'm in the BarcaLounger by 5:30 p with the clicker in my hand .

Thanks
Kurt
January 06, 2016 03:06PM
Independent Contractors .... Yeah, now isn't THAT classy? Ha. nowthatIthink

5:30!!! You mean lunch time? Haha. That's mildly humorous. Good on ya Kurt. I know you have been up since 3ish freezing your buttstock off. I've spent 42 years trying to synchronize with the rest of the world. I was just wired differently. Even in my "Unrestored State", I work til 10 pm without a thought. Come up from the shop, have a snack while I watch maybe an hour of TV. Then deal with the forum and business. Do it all wrong. That's how so many of my forum posts have 1-2 am time stamps on them. Haha. I guess, along with the other oddities, I got a different body clock. And, it's analog too! Hehe.

However; you do it right Kurt! It's "Settled Law". You can work 23 1/2 hours a day, and it's not generally respected unless you get up by 4 am! Slacker!!! Get crackin' LOL!

Gary
January 06, 2016 07:32PM
Gary and Kurt,
You are killing me. I've gotta change my whole lifestyle now and see if I can pick the best of both of your worlds. An 'Independent employee' (which I surely am already - and which I just noticed that both words have three e's - just like Cemetery!) with multiple shops, views of the river and woods, tractors, Lazy Boys, shooting ranges and clickers. Gees, I don't know how ya'll stand all of the leisure time smiling smiley! I'm guessing you have vacation time too. Well, whatever it takes we are all making our own way the best we can. Just gotta keep on keeping on, ya know?!? Now where is that drum roll again Rotorhead???
Later,
Jeff
January 05, 2016 03:44PM
Very nice work Gary.
January 06, 2016 02:51PM
Too bad the forum doesn't support MP3 files with posts. This project obviously calls for...drumroll please... Dem Bonesjammin'
January 06, 2016 08:52PM
image.jpeg

Dem Bones!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021