Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pop In The Shop - Saturday

Pop In The Shop - Saturday
January 09, 2016 08:57PM
"Pop in the Shop". That's what my 4 year old Grandson, Mazen, calls me. Pretty much whenever addresses or refers to me. Haha. He's asked Kelly so many times on Skype, where's Pop ... and heard, "Pop's in the Shop", that he began calling me that at all times.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
January 09, 2016 09:06PM
Looking good Pop and look at all that machinary....... I would say that rifle Popped from that treatment. Well done
January 09, 2016 10:47PM
Wow Gary

Is that Sal's stock ? I didn't see the pebbling on when you started oiling . They look super deep now . It's truly amazing how the oil and rubbing makes that wood POP !

Thanks
Kurt
January 10, 2016 12:01AM
Hi Kurt,

Pebbling was added after the first seal coat. Better to handle the stock after that first sealing. Doesn't get dirty and nicked.

thumbs up

Gary
Sal
January 10, 2016 02:31AM
Yowzers! You have been busy, which one of your clones worked on this one? Thanks for all the posts, I plan on printing a few of these and making sort of a timeline that will stay with the rifle and hopefully be enjoyed by my children's children.
January 11, 2016 09:37PM
Well there's a trade secret .
Pebbling after oil to keep finger prints down to a minimum . The top of the buttstock looks like you could serve soup in that pebbling . They look super deep and defined .

PS , you have an awful lot of plugs in that surge protector ! scholar

Thanks
Kurt
January 12, 2016 02:52AM
Surge Protector! Ha - that's an OSHA Approved Redneck Light Switch for the florscent clip lights on the 20 ton press and for the florscent lights over the lathe! Silly.
January 10, 2016 02:36AM
Nice work jack in the bo Er, Pop in the Shop!
Lovely, just lovely!!!
Later,
Jeff
Anonymous User
January 11, 2016 08:17PM
Very sleek and elegant design.
January 12, 2016 05:17PM
Gary,
It's neat your grandson has a nickname for you. Rifle stock looks great, like the pebbling.

Hope you are doing well this New year.

Pedro
January 12, 2016 09:34PM
Thanks Pedro,

I'm working on it. Still fighting some lung crud, but working hard.

Thanks for asking. Lots of projects running.

Hope your main job is good. Maybe you are getting a bit of cold shop time in on the side. I know your Winter is a Bear.

Gary
January 14, 2016 04:51AM
Hi Gary,

Been a crazy week. Yup it's cold!! -40 Celsius, I think ferienhiet is the same? Now that is the windchill, actual temp was -28 Celsius with a north wind.

The cold has kept me from doing things. Been doodling some concepts on the couch for the rifle I want to build. More complex than I thought.

Sorry to hear you are still fighting something, I hate lung infections!

Hope it passes ASAP!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021