Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Range Verify

Range Verify
January 26, 2016 03:02AM
After altering my Machining numbers on the breech Cover, I reassembled the action and test fired it alone. Just sighting along the barrel, it was easy to nail the flip/flop reset target at 20 yards. The 400 grain slug just disintegrated on the plate, and I found this thin collapsed wafer of the bottom. The breech slide worked perfectly. So I put the action back into the stock.

I had made a nice loading tool to send along, and provided some ammo to get started. Everything is now packed to ship. But before that ... I verified that the rifle shot as required. It easily put three shots into a tight cloverleaf at 45 yards with the 400 grain Carnivore Barnes 50's. The Slugs were from the Barnes Mold that is going along with the sizing die. All of that was used to make the exact products tested in this exact rifle.

Hopefully, the pics will make sence now, after the narrative.

Was enjoyable to shoot. Always takes another two days after you think you are done. But here it is. It will stay done, like all the rest that are out there now. thumbs up

Thanks for Reading. Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 03:07AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
January 26, 2016 09:32AM
Way to go Gary
Another one xhecked off the to do list . Those are great looking accessories too.
Also one ragged hole .... Who can ask for any more than that !
Thanks for sharing your progress .

Thanks
Kurt
January 26, 2016 03:44PM
Thks Kurt.

Was nice to see it perform to spec.

Gary
January 26, 2016 03:14PM
It's so cool,to,see you testing this rifle within your own property. "festive"
January 26, 2016 03:46PM
That was nice Julio.

Thank You,

Gary
January 27, 2016 03:06PM
Hi Gary,

Could you please describe the.bottom picture? I can identify the slug seating tool, but there are other items in the picture. For example the one labeled with the 400 grns. What is that?

Thanks,

julio
January 27, 2016 03:10PM
Hi Julio,

It's a complimentary package of 400 grain slugs cast from the mold he purchased. I forgot to put the mold in the pic. The other item is the sizing die and ram.

thumbs up

Thanks,
Gary
January 27, 2016 03:18PM
I'd say "good shootin Tex", but you're a couple states too far away. grinning smiley

That is one nice looking and great shooting piece of work.
January 27, 2016 10:44PM
Gary,

A beaut for sure. The new owner will be thrilled.

Karl
January 31, 2016 12:26AM
Thanks Karl,

I certainly hope he is thrilled with the work. If I get a report, I'll post it here.

Best,
Gary
Sal
January 27, 2016 10:55PM
Way to go Gary! That's a fine piece of led slinging equipment right there, congratulations!
January 28, 2016 04:28AM
Thank you Gents,

It really shot wonderful. Very nice two stage trigger. Nice firing cycle. Glad you like the Outrider!

Gary
February 04, 2016 01:04PM
That is absolutely gorgeous..... and a shooter to boot!!!! i can not wait to be in a financial position to be able to get on the ledger for a gun!!! especially because ny has put airguns on the roster for big game!!!! i drool over the "dragon" on your site!!! Gary, you sir , are a true artist!!!! I need to go take a cold shower now!!!! LOL winking smiley
February 07, 2016 08:48PM
Gary,
I've been away for a while, but I'm catching up on what I have missed. The Outrider is an awesome hunter! The new owner should be very happy!

Scott
February 07, 2016 08:59PM
Welcome back Scott,

IIRC you shot thru your deer at 75 yards with one. thumbs up

I have that barrel project in the works. Inner barrel pulled and straightened.

Gary
February 07, 2016 09:13PM
Gary,
Yes I did.smiling smiley Unfortunately, there are no deer in my freezer from this winter. sad smiley. I plan to make up for hat next year. cool smiley

And the thought of the barrel project just made me grin from ear to ear! grinning smiley

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021