Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: List your dreamed bigbore airguns.

List your dreamed bigbore airguns.
April 22, 2009 04:16AM
Beside the beautiful Barnes guns, I've always had fantasized something like a .45 bigbore air rifle, with lever repeating action that will shoot a 250 gr bullet at 1400 fps for about 1100 fpe. It must be under 11 pounds. At this velocity, it will shoot flat out to 125 yards for biggames hunting.

For bigbore airpistol, I'd like a 12 guage side by side with 16 in barrels that would put out 800 fpe per barrel with the .72 slugs. Sure it would be one big and heavy airpistol, but it would be one AWESOME and devastating airpistol for large games he..he. Those are my dreamed bigbore airguns. What are yours?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 07:16AM by peter-n.
June 01, 2009 08:58AM
I want a dynamite gun, like they used to use in the early days of the Coastal Defence Artillery. Nothing like a hundred-pound charge of dynamite out of a 12 inch bore to add excitement to your day!

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream BIG!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 01, 2009 02:13PM
I'm pretty happy with the ones I have and the ones I have on order. I like the fact that shooting airguns at over 100 yards remains a challenge and an exercise in judging wind and other effects. I like the fact that my guns have a relatively mellow firing cycle too. I don't think I'd spend much time shooting a short barreled gun making 800 FPE. It would have to be harsh and loud and generally unpleasant to shoot. I expect such a gun would become just a novelty to shoot sometimes for power bragging rights and then put away.
June 01, 2009 03:56PM
Jerry,

Julio's Hoss pistol and any of the Bisons are pretty much my dream guns. The only dream gun Gary hasn't actually made would be one of the more modern design bigbores with a 3 shot vertical magazine.

Lonsmoking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021