Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Time Travel .,.,.,.,., electrified

Time Travel .,.,.,.,., electrified (and Skeeter Tusks!)
April 03, 2016 12:25AM
image.jpeg

I probably shouldn't have done it, but; with a bad back ...... I flipped the switch and zapped right back to three weeks ago! I felt pretty good!!!

image.jpeg

I dug all night. Took some GREAT PICS in the Tar Pits at Midnight ..... but ..... they just didn't come out.....

image.jpeg

However; Kelly got me coming out of the Pits with a GREAT FOSSILIZED MISQUITO TUSK this AM!!!!

Can't wait to cut and polish!!!! I'll keep ya posted.

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2016 07:25PM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
April 03, 2016 01:11AM
Nice! Can't wait to see the result.
April 03, 2016 04:05AM
Hey Gary,
That skeeter tusk us some neat stuff, I wonder if we got any up here in MI hmmm.... Looks like some nice wether... we just got an inch of snow today in April!! Oh well what can you do... Hope the back starts to feel better... Can imagine it makes things tough... Good luck with the tusk, sure it will turn out good!

Matt
April 03, 2016 07:24PM
image.jpeg

Well!!!! That was certainly unexpected whistling

Evidently this Skeeter had "Spiral Hypotuskus". Not much is known about the exact cause of this condition (and plans are to keep it that way ...

Wow! Now THAT will make some beautiful knives!!!!

Gary
April 04, 2016 03:58AM
Wow, that is an impressive pattern! Amazing what nature can produce on it's own. Will make for very interesting knife handles. Is it actual bone?

Hope your back has improved, have a blessed week!

Pedro
April 05, 2016 12:20AM
Hi Gary,

I wanted to wish you good luck on this next set of injections. Please try to follow the Doctor advice as close as you can, to see if your pain level lowers to an acceptable level.

My prayers are with you..

julio
April 05, 2016 01:24AM
Thank you Julio.

I appreciate that my Friend.

I'll try.

It's good to see you stop by the forum. We have missed you. I hope you are well.

thumbs up

Gary
Re: Time Travel .,.,.,.,., electrified (and Skeeter Tusks!)
April 04, 2016 09:28AM
What a lucky find .
That will make some great scale materials . It's hard to tell by pics . What colors are in there ?

Thanks
Kurt
April 04, 2016 06:08PM
image.jpeg

Hi Kurt, Guys.

It's Ivory, Brown, and Black. This is not ground and polished. It will have that very soft reptile skin look. Smooth to the touch.

Gary
April 04, 2016 07:11PM
I'm sure those are off the male species of skeeters . The females have the blue vibrant tones.

Thanks
Kurt
April 04, 2016 10:23PM
You may be right Kurt.

I excavated two tusk before the "auto retrieve " on the time machine brought me back. Second one has blues and greens in it. Tight twist pattern. Will be real pretty too.

image.jpeg

Here is how this spiral tusk is working out. Will be a great Gent's Folder. Stainless.

Gary

I'm just hanging on, doing what I can; before this week's treatments. Pain level is a solid 7+ all the time. It's really grinding me down.

Readers: I know a lot of you have to be wondering why I can do this and not something else. Why I'm not just balled up on the couch (where I'd like to be). A few factors - not in any order: You remember that $1,600/month for my health insurance, plus the cost of all my meds? Yeah, well these last couple of weeks point out again how I don't want to screw with that and get dropped to go stand in a new line. I respectfully recall that those expenses are "every" month. I can do a lot of the knife work seated. Most gun work is standing and leaning over. There is also the small kick that comes from new ideas that helps maybe 20% when in pain. Then too, I'm just no good at resting until I've either accomplished something or hurt so darned bad I have to tap out.

Any of you guys like knives, please take a look. Maybe add to your collection. I'm sure you have noticed the world isn't all giddy now. Nobody wants to spend a dime. Won't mean my prices go down. My prices are already a joke for the time and skill. Prices won't go down, but the lights can go out. You know I make it as painless for you as possible. If you want terms - PM me.

Last: there will be a few who can say .... Well, sucks - I asked him to make me X for a few bucks. Please refer to the above few paragraphs.

Thanks Sincerely.
Commercial Over. (That wasn't for Kurt - but most readers will find it).
April 04, 2016 07:59PM
ought to polish up real pretty!
April 06, 2016 02:14PM
Gary,
Very cool pattern there. I can't wait to see it polished.
Thanks,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021