Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Numismatologists Unite!!! stunned

Numismatologists Unite!!! stunned
April 17, 2016 01:49PM
image.jpeg

Help! I can't stop looking at these Coins .....

I think of all the disciplines I've learned, the techniques I've developed, machinery I've built, dies/tool I've learned to make; in order for it to all come together in these Coins. wow.

image.jpeg

AND, it makes such a compact, uniquely personal, amazingly affordable example of my work. It will bring a smile of appreciation to anyone. I swear, if you hand one of these coins to a Billionaire .... And tell him it's "handmade", it will start a pleasant conversation. Nobody will ignore them. Nobody is EVER going to throw one of these away. It's such a compact conversation starter!!!!

Grin.

Gary
April 18, 2016 10:21PM
and 2000 years from now, when these are "discovered" by future archaeologists, they will try to discern what secret society developed this coinage....more innocent

a lost group of Greek loving, pneumatic pirates!!!!!
April 19, 2016 12:25AM
I especially like the way Gary can hammer in that finish around the printing and engraving, takes skill. winking smiley

And a teeeny, tiny little hammer. knucklehead
April 19, 2016 01:03AM
Thank you Sean.

It's nice to be recognized and appreciated.

take a bow
April 19, 2016 10:51PM
When you open up your commercial operation doing tours of the shop, you can carve out your own dies for the obligatory "penny squisher" machine. Stick it right between the snow cone vendor and the cotton candy booth. crazy
April 20, 2016 03:29AM
Ah Sean.

There IS a way to represent my life's work in a Cheesy manner! boing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2016 03:44AM by barnespneumatic.
April 21, 2016 02:23AM
Well you ARE in Florida after all, right there in the same exact state as the Kingdom of the Evil Mouse, practically right next door to Orlando. laughing again

You could put out some brochures, get your operation on the list of tourist attractions. "Go see Didknee Land, swing on by Universal Moovieos, then when you're done with all those low-budget amateur operations you can come see BARNES PNEUMATIC SOUTH!" Take a left at the third gator farm, turn right at the next Snake-a-torium, then stop on by for a visit.

No Smoking and Do Not Feed The Artist, he's on a special diet.take a bow
April 21, 2016 02:29AM
If it weren't for the distance .... I've been looking for a Marketing Genius. An there you are ......
April 21, 2016 06:49AM
Durn, had it all planned out too. Admittedly there is always the problem of the kids who want to poke the captive artist with a stick, but I was gonna charge extra for that. Even sadder
April 21, 2016 03:51PM
May as well run this right into the ground .....

"How to you CATCH an Artist/Craftsperson"

Answer: Put a workbench, with several tools atop; in the woods. Then watch it. Said Artist will appear, and walk straight to it with no fear.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021