Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Friday Roll Call. Work Subjects

Friday Roll Call. Work Subjects
April 23, 2016 02:04AM
I'm working on Barrels, Plans, Pocket Knives, Tooling, Shop Set-Up, A Pistol, and Coins

The one I can show is this .... It's the Generation 2 of the Kraken Coin!

Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
April 23, 2016 03:57PM
Lonster checkin' in.

I don't know if you mean only your worksheet or everybody's. This is a busy group.

I'm assembling a 3D printer, project in the yard and installing a winch on my UTV. Not as pretty as your projects but it keeps me out of trouble.

Lon

April 23, 2016 08:19PM
Hi Lon,

It's good to know that you are doing well.. Thanks for sharing this video with us. Good luck with the winch project. Next time you will enjoy more your ride on those trails, once you have the winch installed.
April 24, 2016 04:20AM
Julio,

The UTV is a lot of fun.

Ever get the Tacoma?

I hope everybody is doing well.

Lon
April 25, 2016 12:20PM
Hi Lon,

No Tacoma yet, working on it.

Everyone is doing well.. Thanks..

julio
April 24, 2016 06:03PM
Lon
Glad your getting some fun in . That's looks like a great place to camp too . I loved the video and hope all is well .

Thanks
Kurt
April 24, 2016 08:15PM
"Without a winch and someone to help". Yeah.

I wouldn't go in there in a brand new Tank .... and someone to help. laughing

Tell me again how early explorers walked on foot thru there .... Whooooh. Yuck.

Thanks for risking your life to post Lonster!

Gary
April 23, 2016 04:36PM
Hey Gary

What's the difference between Generations 1 and 2 of the Kraken coin?

Funny story ( sort of) - My son Will works for Creative Artists Agency (CAA) the largest "Talent" agency in Hollywood.

His boss is the guy who reps Daniel Craig, Emily Blunt , Saoirse Ronan (girl from "Brooklyn ") and ........

Liam Neeson, Mr "Release the Kraken" himself - LOL as the kids say
April 23, 2016 05:14PM
Hello Bill,

Well, Mr, Neeson definitely needs a BAG of Kraken Coins! wow

Gen 1 / Gen 2. There is no choice to be made. Gen 2 results from tweaking the carving on the die to "refine" the eyes and to make the lighthouse stand out more. Since Kurt didn't mention the Lighthouse - I figured it wasn't obvious. Hehe.

I know, Lon liked the eyes on the Gen 1 Coin better .... More coffee

Ok. We are off any running. Time to change the bucket under the Coining Press ... Hope it hasn't overflowed again ....!!!
Sal
April 24, 2016 02:25AM
These coins are very nice Gary, I will be placing an order for something soon. It would be really cool to hand these out instead of business cards for those really special customers. Are the backs of the coins fairly smooth?

On a side note, now that state cup soccer is in full swing for Andrew my weekends are busted. I keep the .25 open in my office and walk by it constantly. We have had it out a few times and have had a great time shooting all manner of breakable items, I swear the kitchen plates are next. Sending full water bottles, cans, pine cones and small stones flying are loads of fun. I need to set a reminder to set a reminder to remember to take some pictures next time smiling smiley
April 24, 2016 04:21AM
Hi Sal,

Great to hear you have enjoyed the Rifle. Yayyyyy!!!!

How is the sound level working out?

The Coins are relatively flat and clean. They "could" be lathe spun to be very flat. I like your thinking regarding premium calling card coins. You know, the top drawer version of that would be various sorts of custom dies. A Stamped Logo, or a Ring Die so that - For Instance where the coins said "Barnes Pneumatic South", they could have custom lettering. Either a die charge or a fixed min. number of coins could work. Classy Idea. I guarantee nobody would throw your calling card away.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021