Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Wednesday

Wednesday
April 28, 2016 05:28AM
I worked on drawings and parts today.

As well as a quick dash to the computer store when Kelly hit a trip wire on email, and prompted a full page threat warning of virus which froze her office PC.

They were actually able to work on hers and correct it. All it took was money!

I also left my laptop to download it's hard drive. It began with space issues on the HD. I off loaded 23 Gigs of Pictures, and it then said it had 23 gigs of free space. Great ..., until a few days later when it yelled about not having any space / and the C Drive claimed it was full. Then, it started booting and showing nothing but code. Lovely.

Also traded in my truck battery for a new one. Then, it would appear the darned ethanol laced gas has broken down. It won't start. Keep smiling.

Ok. Tomorrow's coming,
Gary
April 28, 2016 02:09PM
Gary,

If it weren't for bad luck.... Keep pushing on.
April 29, 2016 02:52AM
Hi Karl,

Yep. I'm pushin'

The truck went out of here on a roll back today. I fooled with is for several go rounds.

In my humble opinion, they've made things so you just can't work on them anymore. There's no drain in the tank. It's a top exit. Jammed up under the truck bed. I had a mechanic actually tell me you have to remove the truck bed to take the tank out.

You can't get a hose down the fill into the gas. There's a lawyer in there that grabs the hose 7/8 of the way down the neck. So, you can't air siphon or pressurize and blow the gas out.

Too much fun for an old man. So, computers yesterday / truck today.

I know, I know. Why do I insist upon being a PIA?

Gary
April 29, 2016 03:21AM
Sometimes if the in-tank fuel pump is still working you can empty most of the gas out with it. The problem is finding a place to tap into the fuel line without having to fiddle around in the shoe-horn tight engine compartments that all the trucks seem to come with these days. Most of them use a hard line almost all the way from the tank to the high-pressure fuel pump, no easy hose clamps to unfasten like in the old days.
April 29, 2016 12:31PM
Gary you gotta take the truck out and drive the carbon outta it every now and again . It is a funny setup with fuel pump in the tank too . If you don't keep a lot of fuel in the tank the pump runs hot . Gas as a coolant a electric pump submersed in fuel just sounds wrong . I've never heard of having to take the bed off to fix fuel tank though . Usually straps that hold the tank are sacrificed and cut due to rust but then the sending unit does come out the top of the tank . I have seen access windows in bed to remove fuel pump .
They hafta maintain 30 psi I think for fuel injection and it's easier to push fuel than pull or suck . Hence the pump in the tank . You also could have picked up a lot of crap driving all them trips from MD . New fuel and filters will go along way .
Good luck

Thanks
Kurt
April 29, 2016 02:15PM
Thanks Sean, Kurt.

Yes, both the battery and fuel problems are from not going on enough scenic drives. Haha. I'm in the shop and the truck is just sitting there rotting. Speaking of rotting - you should see the frame of the truck and everything underneath from Maryland's use of salt on the roads at the first prediction of snow. They'll lay down an inch of salt and it won't even flurry.

I know, I should have laid in the driveway and pressure washed the underside of the truck every time I drove it. Or ...., Dodge could have coated the frame. Ah nuts, it would appear that I should spent 120 hours a meek, just in preventative maintenance. Perhaps that would work. Haha??

Gary
April 29, 2016 08:47PM
Well, now that you live in Florida you can just go wash the road salt off by driving it down along the beach. more innocent
April 29, 2016 10:31PM
Yeah, that's right Sean. I note you've seen the movies. That's what we all do here. thumbs up
May 01, 2016 04:16AM
No doubt this practice is highly encouraged by the new car dealers. thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021