Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FINALLY!!!!! The 2am Folder. FOR SALE bullhorn

FINALLY!!!!! The 2am Folder. NOW SOLD take a bow
May 07, 2016 06:55AM
ON HOLD ....,,

This Folder is 3" Blade by 6 7/8" OAL open

It has a solid feel due to its copper liners. Camo Barnes Fossilized Skeeter Tusk. Stainless Tool Steel. It has a Soft Action. It's a Gent's Folder. But not a design you build a Cabin with. It's long needle point is razor sharp.

Ok, it's late. Today was full. I was tired before I got into the shop and then I had some issues to deal with. But note the neat Textured Copper Shields (both sides). I broke out my tooling for making my tubular rivets. I takes a box of custom tooling to make them. I used to seal complex internal designs with them and called them "Snoop Rivets". People just love to tear into the stuff I've designed. When they opened a snoop compartment, the world knew it, cause they didn't know how to make snoop rivets and didn't have my tooling. Just a small satisfaction to a grumpy old Craftsman. Ha.

This knife is also assembled with double ended folded down copper tubes with solid bronze thru rods riveted each end. Just another touch of elegance. There are quite a few unique features to this folder. A price .... good grief .... Gee, there isn't a chart on Skeeter Rivets and Filework, with copper .... Here's the deal. I'm going to set a temporary price. I think it's a very sweet deal. If you call it before I get some sleep and get back into the shop ... $595us. Drop Your Marker Here. Them PM me on the Forum Text Messaging.

Ok. Here are the pics .... Bet you already skipped ahead, didn't you .....

Good Morning,
Gary

NOW ON HOLD!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 02:36AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
May 07, 2016 09:25PM
Hi Gary,
That is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!
Jeff
May 07, 2016 10:35PM
A few more Pics!

Thanks Jeff. take a bow
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
May 08, 2016 01:56PM
I like the plate with the makers name on the folder... nice work, the pins even have a little extra work on em.... The tools you made are nice also..good work

Matt
May 09, 2016 02:44AM
That's a gorgeous knife Gary! I think the Barnes badges adds a truly unique touch. It will be a great knife for a lucky owner.

Kent
May 09, 2016 04:22AM
Very nice knife build! Some interesting touches! Badges are great as mentioned!

Those mosquito tusks have sure assisted in the creativity!

Pedro
May 09, 2016 08:52PM
I do like the camo skeeter tusk . I think that serratted mater knife has the same . Blue Light Special

Thanks
Kurt
May 19, 2016 12:55AM
Hi Kurt,

I've trimmed and ground two fresh Fossil Skeeter Tusk this week! Beautiful Camo patterns and colors. Different, but in the same family. The stuff is so interesting, tough, light, and has a great feel. Not cold and not slippery either. Its much better as a knife handle than boring into your arm! Ouch!!!

I wonder at the market for a small sheath knife Hunter? It's been on my mind.

Also, I'm dying to get these guns moving. I have a couple of machine tools being held hostage cause they have gun parts clamped up and in progress. I don't want to take them down before I complete the series of operations. But my opportunity is time sensitive and important. I already missed a couple of other opportunities due to untold/unknown schedules I wasn't privy to.

So; I'm trying to do too much too fast.

Gary
May 19, 2016 07:18PM
Got a question Gary, in the photo of the tools there's one that looks like an unfinished fixed-blade knife but appears to have serrations like a file. Is that some sort of specialty file I've never seen or something else?
May 19, 2016 11:53PM
Sean,

Called a knife edge file. One side single cut, the other double cut. Very fine tooth. For tight areas. Even has teeth on the edge. Soooo many files today are very cheap and they have done away with edge teeth.

That is about a $49 file in 5-6" though.

Gary
May 22, 2016 10:39PM
Not a Harbor Fright item then...check. thumbs up

There's a whole world of tools out there that I keep finding, stuff I've never even heard of. I guess nobody ever does really know it all.
May 17, 2016 10:07PM
Wanted to alter the action a bit. Had the blade out. I'll post a pic. I changed the front pivot pin. Also did a bit of magic on the spring pic after while. Looks 95% the same this is really a fine knife.

Gary
May 18, 2016 01:24AM
image.jpeg

Various internal tweaks - I just felt I wanted to perfect a few things.

The only real difference you can note from here is the front pivot pin medals, each side. Same textured Copper as the Escutcheon Plates.

One Sweet Folder.

Gary
May 18, 2016 03:33PM
It is a beautiful piece of work, wish I had the money.
May 18, 2016 11:55PM
Very nice looking knife Gary. I like it.whistling
May 19, 2016 12:38AM
Thks Julio

take a bow
June 12, 2016 01:57PM
Bring forward
June 26, 2016 05:26PM
Bring to Top
June 27, 2016 11:16PM
That copper "shield" washer on the pivot is a really nice touch.
July 02, 2016 03:05PM
Re: FINALLY!!!!! The 2am Folder. ON HOLD! bullhorn
July 13, 2016 01:11PM
THIS KNIFE IS ON HOLD PENDING CONFIRMATION BY THE BUYER

Thank you very much!

thumbs up

Gary
Re: FINALLY!!!!! The 2am Folder. ON HOLD! bullhorn
July 13, 2016 11:42PM
I hope that the prospect buyer decides to complete this purchase. He will not regret it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021