Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pics from Memorial Day 2016

Pics from Memorial Day 2016
May 31, 2016 02:44AM
And I also did a bit of excavation at the BPS Tar Pits.

Hope you had a nice day.

thumbs up

Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
May 31, 2016 06:04AM
It must sound weird when you're cutting stock and you hit the section where the tooth count is different.
May 31, 2016 02:13PM
Hi Sean,

That five inches of blade goes by in microseconds even though my nerves are shot, I can still grin and bear it! grinning smiley With a nearly new blade missing a few teeth, I still take 5-10 min. to save a $35 blade. I'd like to consistently average $210-420/hr. ..... whistling

Kurt is running an industrial operation with men standing around on the clock when tools are down. I am just hard wired to start fixing what's broken.

Besides. I only have so many nails in the wall to hang old blades on. LOL!

Gary
May 31, 2016 09:40AM
Great pics Gary
I love spinach and that knife too !

Sean
The blades for what we do are junk after you rake off a couple teeth . It's a very rhythmic sound and just a matter of time before the leading edge cutting teeth rip off as well . We push pretty hard with the feed and I guess you could alter some to accommodate but it's still just a matter of time . Now for home use or small production it might be worth the repair but labor is expensive . Once the blades are seasoned well it amazing the abuse they'll take . We've gone well over a month without a blade change and that's cutting all day .

Thanks
Kurt
May 31, 2016 05:58PM
Gary,

You never cease to amaze me. Care to share how you got your faux patina on that fly? Did it move around a lot? You didn't get any in his eyes did you!

Lon
May 31, 2016 08:07PM
Good point Lon!!!

Good catch. The true patience was taking SIX WEEKS, to train that fly to wear a pr. of custom goggles I made. why me. After that, it only took 30 minutes to spray him.

thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021