Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pre-97 Button Locks

Pre-97 Button Locks
June 23, 2016 01:59PM
Here are some I could find. There were many, many more. This was the era of film and prints. So these are pics of pics. These are from the years, 1975 - 96

Enjoy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
June 23, 2016 04:55PM
I REALLY like the one with the dark damascus blade and the pressed metal frame, what did you call that model again?
June 23, 2016 05:19PM
Hi Sean,
thumbs up
Was a 4 Spd Auto., with a High Contrast Damascus Blade.
June 23, 2016 09:49PM
Hey is that first one in line ..... Purple Heart woooo umm other than metal ?
Those are amazing Gary . What is the little key wrench for in the second photo ? I can only imagine getting to 1350 is a crazy number of pieces . Even early Gary wasn't ever cookie cutter .
You definitely have the mind and hands of an artist .
Very impressive thanks for the glimpse !smoking smiley

Thanks
Kurt
June 24, 2016 04:29AM
Hi Kurt.

Thanks much. take a bow

First handle is Black Linen Micarta.

Key is to change Auto settings from Off, thru pop open, and two speeds of Fast Open. My "Four Speed Automatic", which in the early 80s was "Smokin' "

Yep. I've had the Artist Curse since Birth. What a different life it would have been without "The Knack".

Gary
June 24, 2016 05:30AM
Those are outstanding examples.

Lon
June 24, 2016 12:52PM
Thanks Lon,

Several are hidden Panel released. There is a section within the engraved areas, that you press to release. You generally can't see the rocker until it's pointed out. You press just forward of where the bolster joins the scale. That depressed and the front raises - revealing the edges of the rocker. It's Temple of Doom stuff.

Gary
June 24, 2016 01:34PM
Gary,
I love that Damascus steel it looks great some nice patterns you got!! was reading about Damascus.. It can be vary difficult to get nice patterns! Was showing some ppl your work one guy thought it was photoshopped lol, he had never seen so much detail!! these are all great examples of your work it's nice to see em all bunched together gives a good perspective of all the craftamenship! That one with the black damacus blade really catches the eye tho! Nice work!

Matt
June 24, 2016 02:06PM
Ha! Photoshop!!!! I could just sell PICTURES!!!!

Finally, I might get a day off .....

Haha.

Thanks Matt.
Gary
June 24, 2016 02:10PM
Anybody notice? The one with the Flower has Asian Dragons all over the Nickle scales. It's an Automatic. Called the "Orient Express".
June 26, 2016 02:29PM
Hey Gary,
I had not noticed at all and have looked at that knife several times. All I can say is WOW!
Nice,
Jeff
June 27, 2016 11:22PM
I guess you could say you're "detail oriented" laughing again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021