Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bustin' Logs in Roanoke

Bustin' Logs in Roanoke
July 17, 2016 12:06PM
Hello, all,

Just to demonstrate that Gary's works of art are not gathering cobwebs, here is a photo taken at our range of Tundra 46 caliber magnum rifle. This rifle just stuns the folks here and everyone loves to shoot it. Great accuracy and impressive power with 450 grain home cast slug made using Gary's custom mold. Hope everyone is having a great summer! Get out and shoot!

Hugh
Barnes at the Range July 2016.jpg
July 17, 2016 12:09PM
Hi Hugh,
Nice work and a good looking gun. Most people have that reaction when they see one of Gary's guns perform. It just adds to the pleasure!
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff
July 17, 2016 12:36PM
Hugh
That's a great looking gun and nice range too . Like Jeff said people are amazed at Garys guns and how accurate they are . The few I have shot still amaze me too !
Thanks for sharing and enjoy the great weather .

Thanks
Kurt
July 17, 2016 01:24PM
The Following is a true story. (so are the other 10,000 or so I've posted ....... grinning smiley

I was talking to Kelly .... And somehow thumb dialed this forum post on my phone. I looked down ....,

HOLY COW!!!!

Thank you Hugh.

I looked down at the screen and saw this handsome dude with a big rifl..... wait! ..... that's ......... MY RIFLE? Then I looked closer. Hugh holding his Nitro Express.

I quickly scanned - then re-read. Then re-read. EXCELLENT!!!

I really appreciate you posting Hugh. I'm very glad that the rifle is doing service and performing to well. That's great!

Gary
July 17, 2016 03:24PM
Gary,

I OWN the rifle and called it a TUNDRA. Well, duh, but in my defense, I had just been reading about the Barnes Tundra and it just jumped on to the page. It is of course a NITRO EXPRESS!! It is getting a little bit of wear on it. Not exactly a perfect museum piece now. It has a few scratches, but boy does it get shot. Seals holding up well. Two stage trigger perfect. When I take it out I will often take my Springfield M1 along. Both wonderful shooters and utterly different. What a great and diverse sport we have.

Hugh
July 17, 2016 10:59PM
Excellent Hugh!

Hey, as long as you have the original box, you can call it whatever you want! thumbs up. The box is where the true value lies. Wink, wink. winking smiley

Really glad the seals and stuff are good. You're killin' me on the planned obsolescence though ...

Enjoy. Thanks so much for taking a pic and posting. I'd given up hope of ever seeing one again! Haha.

Gary
July 17, 2016 05:51PM
Hugh,
That is a awesome air rifle! being used as it was intended to.. You've got some good taste in rifle designers! Vary nice rang too, thanks for sharing your air rifle, nice to see this kind of stuff!
Matt
July 20, 2016 09:36PM
nice pics, thanks for sharing!

So, Gary...do you need an "official Barnes Magic Sharpie" to write the name on the all-important box, or will a regular one do the trick? winking smiley
July 21, 2016 12:11AM
I'd chew the name onto the crate to ship anything deemed "Ready".

Green bowing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 02:29PM by barnespneumatic.
July 23, 2016 02:30PM
Gonna see if I can find a target from this gun's test phase. Should be on the War Wagon's wall.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021