Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Next Model 97 Folder. NOW SOLD take a bow

The Next Model 97 Folder. NOW SOLD take a bow
July 23, 2016 01:26AM
I have this fine Model 97 nearly complete. Enough so that you can certainly determine if you may enjoy owning it.

The blade is stainless tool steel. Differentially heat treated. It's not polished yet and the Signature Cartouche is not yet engraved on the blade.

Frame is hard aluminum. Scales are Sambar Stag I've had for about twenty years.

Price will be, as was several of the others like this: $1,200us. $20 to ship and insure. Please drop your marker here for a time stamp, and then go to the PM page- upper right if this screen. I'm listed as barnespneumatic

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 02:31AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Re: The Next Model 97 Folder. FOR SALE bullhorn
July 23, 2016 01:27AM
Remember. This one is "engraved" and has a strong frosted background. It's a brighter overall look.

Thanks.
Gary
July 23, 2016 02:53AM
Marker. I will take it

Gary L
July 23, 2016 03:10AM
Thank you Gary.

It's a very nice Barnes.

THIS MODEL 97 IS NOW SOLD!

take a bow

Gary
July 23, 2016 03:09AM
LOL, So after reading the posts on the collectors that keep the original box (that their air rifle came in) I was wondering do I keep the box this knife comes in for added value? (A GENUINE USPS PRIORITY MAIL cardboard box!!!). I do enjoy your posts even though I have little to contribute in way of machineing experience, air rifle shooting etc. Only thing I am sort of good at is collecting stuff. Your knifes are a fine example and I do wait for the newest next project to appear. I do realize that a knife takes a lot less time than one of your hand made air rifles. I do hope the Grey Fox series is coming along and wait for updates. Till then keep that sharpie and magic pencil moving.

Best wishes and hope all goes well medically

Gary L
July 23, 2016 03:27AM
Hello Gary,

That's all very kind. Thank you, sincerely.

Whaaattttt .... I didn't know anybody actually read this stufffff...... Haha. Knowing that you enjoy it, (as well as quite a few others who have shared that), does make the shop feel a lot more "homey". Thank you for saying so Gary.

Regarding the box. Definitely. Decades from now, the only thing that will matter is the condition of the cardboard box! Haha. why me

I'll get it finished up for you. I'm having a slice of "Razzleberry Pie" to celebrate! thumbs up

(The Other Gary)
July 23, 2016 07:53AM
Gary Gary
What a great knife . The sambar looks like it was a very majestic animal . And the aluminum carving exceptionally well done !

Thanks
Kurt
July 23, 2016 12:51PM
Very well done guys, congrats to both of you!
Jeff
Re: The Next Model 97 Folder. NOW SOLD take a bow
July 26, 2016 12:11AM
That was a pretty one, nice piece of work indeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021