Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Few Random Pics.

A Few Random Pics.
July 31, 2016 12:24AM
In reality, "clean up" is part of the finished product. However; as one project overlaps and runs into the next/last (and when there are no Interns - ha) - "Clean Up" amounts to the minimum time which will allow the next project to begin. This cycle repeats until you reach "CRITICAL MASS". Dum dum-dum dum - DAAAHHHH!!!! Bang!

And it's been there for some time, but I just couldn't take the time. Can't claim to have the time now either, but ...... I couldn't STANDS IT NO MORE!!!! excited

You will see shop areas. You will also see "Gigi". The Rescue 200 pound Sea Turtle. You"ll see my Granddaughter Haylee and Grandson Caden, as they read the new "Bio" information Plaque regarding myself as an Artist in the Gallery/Gift Shop.

You will figure out the pics. As the new week begins, I'll get those benches covered in parts being assembled.

Enjoy, and Thanks for stopping by.
Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
July 31, 2016 03:12AM
Hey Gary,
Nice work - on many fronts. Thanks for sharing. Nice pet turtle ya got there too smiling smiley
Later,
Jeff
July 31, 2016 01:00PM
Gary,

That shop looks too clean to work in, you need to clutter it up a little so it looks like a proper shop. How is the gallery/gift shop working out? Are the doing the volume you need/want?

Keith
July 31, 2016 01:44PM
Hi Keith.

Story as such:

The Rescue/Education Center renovated. They built on and installed a special good sized pool - much like a great swimming pool. With a section of bleachers and education flat screens. All new displays. Total renovation of the Gallery/Gift Shop.

They went they all the miles of Red Tape to secure a Sea Turtle or multiples, to become permanent residents and educational participants. They passed endless tests for approval. Then they waited. And waited.

We came in along the middle if the story. And, public hours have been barely existant. So; it's only now - after the acclimation period for the turtle - that they will be open 5 days a week full time. We shall see. Not what we had hoped. But WE could hardly complain or withdrawal from an effort who was putting in all they had and just being frustrated by reality. It sounded vaguely familiar. wink

thumbs up

Gary
July 31, 2016 03:23PM
Gary & Kellly
What a great cause with the turtles and especially lucky getting in at the begining . There would be nothing nicer than a great piece of jewlery to memorialize the cause and visit . The display is great and I see other drawings/ sketches near your jewlery. Are those local artist also showcasing talent ?
It's amazing what goes on in nature and the life of those sea turtles .

The shop cleaning really helps to keep production fluid ! Machines deserve the cleanliness and so often when your cleaning you notice repairs needed or minor issues that get caught early . I can't believe you don't even have a good window / fan type exhaust system to draw out SOME of the nasties flying around . Hope to see some gun work in the future . I know your" getting er done "
Thanks for the update artist

Thanks
Kurt
July 31, 2016 07:54PM
It's pretty amazing how much paperwork and complication has been added to the modern world, isn't it? When you look through the magazines and advertisements from he Florida of 50 years ago, it seems like every second gas station and hole-in-the-wall curio shop had a whole menagerie of exotic animals, gators, snapping turtles, elephants, you name it. Back then if you wanted to set up a "turtle rescue" outfit, all you'd need was a kiddie pool and a three-legged (flippered?) turtle. These days I'm sure the weight of the required permits and documentation would easily exceed the weight of the turtles involved, probably by a large factor.
July 31, 2016 09:00PM
Hi Kurt.

There is one 2 hp system in there. Minimal plumbing to it. It catches the main dusty dust from two grinders. I've set up various things thru the years for buffing. It all "Sucks" but doesn't collect the dirt.

It's 95-100 degrees down here. Shop air conditioned. Dust masks. It's just not an OSHA shop. There are several zeros missing from both the Gross and the Net columns.

Gonna continue messing that all up right away. Just got home with ta Mrs. and a couple grandkids. thumbs up. She stayed after the Turtle bash.

Things will get straight now!!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021