Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Survival Probability boing

Survival Probability boing
August 02, 2016 07:33PM
Is higher then one might expect. Yay!!!!

I'm back from my proceedure today. Regarding the Sensation.... as compared to being stabbed in the neck with a rusty screwdriver, it was ..... ah .... somewhat less ..... wait ........ yeah ..... I thin...... yes, definitely ..... it was definitely less.

I'm supposed to be resting. Nothing physical. Yeah ..... Haha. Heehheehhee. Bwahhhhaahhhahhhh!!!! laughing. I'll just ..... lay on ..... on the couch ..... THE COUCH!!!!!! HaahhhhhhhaaHHHAAAHHHHHHHHHH......

Oh .... WAIT ..... Wait ..... wait ........ ....... there ..... Oh ........... good one ..... Phew!!!!

Gary

During the proceedure, the Dr. made a comment to the effect of ..... "Wow! I'll have to show you this! No wonder your neck is "noisy". After the proceedure, they froze the image in the live X-Ray ..... It showed an absurd stalactite of a bone spur jutting down from one vertabrea level to the one below (which is one of the fused pair). It would be an impressive "drop tine" on an Atypical Rack - on a 12 year old Whitetail Buck. Not so much inside my neck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 11:29PM by barnespneumatic.
August 02, 2016 11:07PM
Gonna post a pic of a bone spur. Fair Warning.

DON'T LOOK JIM!!!!!
August 02, 2016 11:23PM
That's right!

WHO is THE MOST TRANSPARENT Airgunsmith in the Bidnessss?

image.jpeg

Find the center of the image.

Move right a tad, then down a tad. You see that long pointed finger reaching downward? That's not supposed to be there. It's the first step in a process called "Auto Fussion" where the skeleton tries to fuse itself solid. The process is accelerated in areas where there has been great trauma. Like we're a previous Surgeon placed his foot on your chest, cut your throat open, and ripped out two discs. Replaced them with bone of dubious Origon, and screwed the mess back together with titanium plates and screws.

Just below the Spur, you see the bone comprising the spur is wrapping over the titanium plate and you can see one screw in the image.

Good news it that there appears to be decent room between the two vertebrae for nerves to pass.

Now, where it may appear logical to go in there and whack off that spur - this is an X-Ray. It doesn't show the soft tissue of tendons and scar tissue that are likely attached to that Spur.

So; there ya go. Installment 4,712 in our series answering the question ... "How ya t-doin' ?"

Gary
Sal
August 02, 2016 11:16PM
Nice going you survived! Do us all a favor and take the night off will ya! Sheesh! smiling smiley
August 03, 2016 12:05AM
Ok Sal.

bowing -- Far East

Gary
August 03, 2016 04:45AM
You're right, I shouldn't have lookedinjured
August 03, 2016 12:48PM
Told ya
Anonymous User
August 03, 2016 12:48PM
PAIN
August 03, 2016 05:25PM
Hi Don,

Yeah. It's not for the faint of heart.

thumbs up

Be well, Have not forgotten you.
Gary
August 04, 2016 12:42AM
Yikes, you're growing spurs like an old rooster. Of course, if you were a rooster they'd be growing somewhere designed to hurt others instead of yourself, kinda got that part backwards.

Hmmm...no chicken related smileys here, gotta fix that somehow...no wait, here we go. bad dude
August 04, 2016 03:37PM
Well Gary - YUCK!
That don't look like no fun a-tall! Feel better...
Jeff
August 05, 2016 03:58AM
Man that is rough! Hope the injections are helping! What, a screw and titanium plate? I thought the gentleman at work had it bad, he has four screws and a plate holding his back together!

All the best! You are the most transparent airgun builder I have ever seen. Next time xray your head so I can see all your airgun plans! Haha

Pedro
August 05, 2016 12:51PM
Ha!

.... no way! With that new Tool Holder, you are gonna be a serious competition to an old man as it is!!! why me
August 06, 2016 06:47AM
I don't think anyone but Gary could figure out the complicated swirl of ideas spinning around up there. google eyes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021