Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Robert's 308 Coming Along Well - PICS!

Robert's 308 Coming Along Well - PICS!
August 04, 2016 12:18AM
The action is not seated in the stock as more inlay work is required for the rear action clamp.

It's all coming along really well. Going to be a beautiful rifle. thumbs up take a bow

Hope you all enjoy seeing it.

Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
August 04, 2016 12:38AM
Nice, very nice!thumbs up
August 04, 2016 03:08AM
It will be a very beautiful rifle indeed!

That's a lot of engraving! Very nice! Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors airguns, but cannot help it! smiling smiley

Thanks for showing us the progress.

Pedro
August 04, 2016 05:42AM
Oh yeah!wow

Lon
August 04, 2016 06:27AM
google eyesYummy
Is that knurled knob on the back an adjustable power setting? I must have missed the stock making section too . I just don't remember much .

Thanks
Kurt
August 04, 2016 02:08PM
Adjustable power. Yes.

Ball bearing Spring guide. Very smooth.

Walnut stock. I'll sand it and oil it after I finish the inlet process.

Matt, yes; the longer barrel people let me use on their PCP guns, the more effecient they are.

Gary
August 04, 2016 09:33AM
Gary,

That air rifle is umm well..... Incredible! The steel brass and aluminum go together well! That is a ton of work on that one.... I like the longer barrel on it too, ought to be a great rifle to shoot! The ingravings I like as well! Turning out to be very nice!!
Matt
August 04, 2016 03:30PM
Beautiful Gary!
Jeff
August 05, 2016 05:42PM
Gary,

Beautiful looking gun! I can't say there is anything about it that I don't love....except that it is not mine. LOL!

Karl
August 07, 2016 07:38PM
That looks Incredible !!! I remember the carving on the stock and it is exquisite also!!! Can hardly wait to see it completed! Thank you Gary for staying with the program and working on it. Praying for a good end to the neck/health problems, and may God bless. He already has on my rifle!
Bob
August 07, 2016 10:49PM
Thank you Bob,

I very much appreciate your patience and interest. Here's a few pics of the stock to date. I'll pick at it over the next couple of weeks as I need that type of work. Of course, it will come to life with the costs of stock oil! thumbs up

All my Best,
Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
August 08, 2016 06:27AM
That's going to be one special gun . The stock is beautiful and the different types of metal and what you did to them .... All I can say is WOW

Thanks
Kurt
August 08, 2016 12:29PM
Thank you Kurt.

I have a bit of inletting to finish, and some carving clean up ....then I can sand and oil it.

Gary
August 08, 2016 01:09PM
Very nice! I'm sure he will be a PROUD owner.
Jeff
August 08, 2016 07:30PM
I already am a very proud owner excited!! I can't come up with the adjective to really describe it and do it justice! Can hardly slap the smile off my face now. Can't hardly wait to get it in my hands and shoot itshooter with bench rifle. Thanks for the pics Gary and the continued work to get this finished.
Bob
August 24, 2016 09:32PM
Hi Guys.

Kurt pointed out this post has 840 views in the last couple of weeks. I better bring it back forward so it doesn't fall off the page.

Comments bring them back to the top. I'll be back to this project ASAP. i have been doing a bunch of carving. That's one of the items to finish here. It's a great rifle. Thanks for looking. thumbs up

Gary
August 30, 2016 05:41AM
Gary,

I linked this post to the yellow forum so that was probably good for a few hundred.

I thought this was something that would find a large audience.

Lon
Anonymous User
August 30, 2016 12:48AM
A beautiful rifle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021