Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sent out 5 today

Sent out 5 today
August 10, 2016 05:10PM
Scott, Gary, Keith, Jeff, Kurt

Thanks Guys. Some were away. Some requested timing. Some wanted an alteration. We have to drive them to the Post Office. We try to group things when possible. We've had lots of stormy weather. Med Appts. And we've had a rash of Old Age here. It's quite a scheduling department we have now too. Must be 15-46 people or so .... must be at least .... you'd think .., huh ...,
August 11, 2016 06:22AM
Thanks Gary
I knew I was forgetting something . $$ shiping 5 pcs is a good amount of work . I hope it keeps going good for you . More coffee

Thanks
Kurt
August 11, 2016 12:30PM
Hi Kurt,

I know you're good for it.

Hey, as a matter of things not considered .... I'd like the reader to consider why I have to keep track of shipping. To send and insure those five pieces, (along with a small slow boat package for a grandkids) ...... $93.00. DUDE!!!

That's after the wrapping and stuffing and taping and addressing. Then driving and standing in line. Then, when you are out ... you know you are gonna think of something to get .... you know .... "While you're out ..."

It takes up a good chunk of productivity to get things shipped, after they are done.

thumbs up

So .... Kurt, you can add it to your NEXT Knife. Haha. wink

Gary
August 11, 2016 05:05PM
Hey Gary,
Thanks very much for the info! I can't wait to get that knife. I have already figured the shipping cost into the amount, but not the trouble! I will recalculate everything when I get it. I hope that you at least enjoyed your trip off the reservation. Have a great day.
Thanks,
Jeff
August 11, 2016 06:01PM
Hey Jeff,

I'm not intending to guilt the friends who are buying. Hope it doesn't seem that way. Just voicing the business parts that I still have to take time for and tend to. I'd like to be in the shop carving most of the time. But I have stuff to carve and have to sell and ship it.

I really appreciate your patronage. I think your knife is supposed to arrive today! Yayyyyy

grinning smiley

Gary
August 13, 2016 04:55PM
Hey Gary,
I didn't take it that way at all. I appreciate the assist from you and just want to be sure that I pay my fair share. I'm glad to do it!

BTW I got the knife yesterday and it is beautiful. Unfortunately it has already left the nest and has gone on to another family member... I need to stop showing off my Barnes items. And, it has a beautiful new lanyard through that pristine new lanyard hole (complete with decorative beads, as it has gone to a member of the fairer sex!). I want everyone in the family to have a Barnes knife before they have to inherit it!

Thanks much,
Jeff

P.S. I'll send a picture as soon as I can!
August 14, 2016 01:14PM
Hey Jeff,

You could save money if I just "Drop Shipped" YOUR knives, on to the next person you are giving them to! Hehe.

Anybody that wants a Barnes Knife .... remember to be good to UNCLE JEFF. whistling. He might be good to you. thumbs up

Hehe.

Gary
August 14, 2016 12:49PM
I recieved my Barnes hunting knife the other day . What a beaut ! It's got the camo skeeter tusk and desert brown kydex case . I'm super excited to get out in the bush but I've been doing a marathon at work . This IS the busy season & I hope for a little Labor Day reprieve ! ( Oxy moron )

Thanks
Kurt
August 14, 2016 01:09PM
Hi Kurt!

That's a "LIKE" ...... Yes!!!! thumbs up

Real Glad.

For now, you'll just have to practice your knife throwing, in your office. (Keeps the employees on their toes too). Hehe.

Thanks for "Saying So".

Gary
August 14, 2016 01:05PM
I think you will love it Kurt!
later,
Jeff
August 22, 2016 05:52PM
Gary,

The knife arrived and quickly found a new owner, my wife. Actually, it was hers all along, I just dreamed it was mine for a few days. Anyway, she loves it.

Keith
August 22, 2016 06:48PM
That's Great Keith!

Really Glad She likes it.

Thanks for posting!

Gary
image.jpeg
August 22, 2016 10:01PM
Good choice Keith! AND the missus!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021