Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Crazy Clever - Where's that come from?

Crazy Clever - Where's that come from?
August 12, 2016 02:05AM
Hah!!!!

Not to Brag ...... BUT!!!!!!! ....... Haha. Man. The Innovative concepts that came to my mechanical pencil last night, were transferred into tool steel today. And, where I knew 99% that it would work .... I just cannot hardly imagine HOW WELL IT WORKS!!!!

Times like this I wish .... but it would just be dumb to show this stuff and be in the business of giving away free designs.

Boy, if I had worked for anybody who paid for clever methods of doing mechanical processes .... that would have been yet another life.

Sorry. Just pleased it worked so amazingly well. From a thought to tool steel. That's satisfying.

Thanks.
Gary
August 12, 2016 08:06AM
Gary
Your such a teaser ! So now I gotta buy the gun to get a glimpse of your brain at work ?
NUTHIN wrong with that haha . People been doing that for years !

Thanks
Kurt
August 12, 2016 01:03PM
Since you have been working on Airgun mechanisms for many years, and since you you have a "Beyond Top Secret" Bsrnes Security Rating .... I sent you a pic. Tell me if you've seen anything operating like that before. It's slick as a new whistle.

Wait .... you said you were gonna buy the gunnnn ..... Shucks ..... can I sneak that pic out of your inbox ???........

Haha.

Gary
August 12, 2016 03:07PM
Hi Gary,
Cool that you came up with a new slick mechanism. Smart not sharing as you have stated before, someone will run with it.

It is always great when an idea works after brainstorming, drawing, machining etc, and actually works!

Keep up the enthusiasm!

Pedro
August 12, 2016 04:51PM
That's right there are people like YOU out there ...., laughing
August 12, 2016 08:08PM
Yes, people like me! I will try telepathy next as I cannot have access any other way! Better start wearing an aluminum foiled hat!

Pedro
August 12, 2016 07:10PM
Gary,

I'll give you 20 bucks for the blue print! If you want to build it also that would be great I can sell it as a compleat product...One time offer its a good deal on your part..... Lol... I once had a fellow tell me that one, mind you he had no experience in machining/designing..not saying he could not learn, but boy it made me chuckle ha. I had to explain to him in detail all the processes involved...He simply did not understand the amount of time/effort it takes, he thought you just put a piece of steel in the machine and presto out comes a finished product in 5 minutes. I don't blame him for not knowing tho..

It is vary fascinating tho when you draw something up and it works flawless! With the power of the mind you can achieve great things! In my honest opinion it's always way more satisfying to come up with your own designs/concepts... then to just simply rob someone else's hard work! You ever put a piece of IKEA furniture together? I've always wondered were they get their prints...

Thanks for sharing with us the work u can!
Matt
August 12, 2016 11:04PM
Thanks Matt,

Yes. I always want to beat designers with a stick, when reading their assembly instructions. And once the concept is clear, half the time I say .... really? And it's sooooo clear that designers NEVER built, prototype, or work on their own designs. Because soooo many are awkward and nearly impossible to reach, tighten, or five things have to intersect being held by one screw. Ha.

$20 huh ..... Tempting.

In the custom knife game, wheeler dealers would find a young buck doing decent work. He'd be making a simple knife with say Graham Cracker handle scales for $200. They'd say to him, here, let me buy you these $75 pearl scales and you put those on it for me. You can keep the Graham Crackers and so you can take $10 off for me. So I'll be back next week with$190 - and here are the Pearl scales. Deal?!!

So, the young slob is seeing visions of a beautiful picture of one of his knives with scales he couldn't afford on it. And, he works all week. Scared to death to break them. Finding his band saw chips it. His sander burns it. He just might break them riveting them (unless some veteran shows him how - (as I've done with the Youttes). His buffing compound makes it dirty looking. The dust from the pearl has poisoned his lungs. And Saturday morning, he turns it over to the grinning dealer. The young builder never wants to see Pearl again so long as he lives. The dealer is gonna triple his Pearl money and get a real nice bonus on the RARE knife. Oh, and he left off Mammoth Teeth and Oosik with the young builder. Builder thinks ..... TWO MORE orders!!!! $190 EACH?!!!! Whoooohhhhh!!! And he could have sold five of his $200 One's in the time, less the hassle, less the poisoning, etc., etc., etc.,

Live and learnnnnnn. Haha

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2016 11:10PM by barnespneumatic.
August 13, 2016 07:27AM
Gary
It's amazing how some mechanism's have Sooooo many parts that all have to play nicely in the same sandbox . B4 phones I always had to sketch it before disassembly . Now I take 5 pics and I'm good . It is always been my belief like you and Matt said , the operator and the fabricator should be involved in the design . Some are but not most . The complex designs are really cool to look at and decipher but a lot are not practical and I think they do it just cause they CAN blah blah

Your plan is very easy on the eyes and the brain . You can see it moving just by looking at the few parts entailed and KNOW it will work ! You asked if I saw anything like it before and I think I have but not sure if it was a rubber band gun or an electrical switch . Maybe it was the last printer mechanism I took apart !
I can't wait to see it in action ( pun intended )
Thanks for the nice compliment and sharing your ever widening field of work sunny

Thanks
Kurt
August 13, 2016 04:44PM
Ok all of you machinists quit teasing us normal humans knucklehead.
It just hurts too much!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021