Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AGAIN

AGAIN
August 13, 2016 10:11PM
BOTH the shop and House Routers and Modem were blown out in a huge POP!!!!!!! By a direct lightening strike in a five minute storm.

For weeks and weeks and weeks it's just crazy stormed for five minutes and stopped. An hour later - again. Rain like Niagra all night, then start again after breakfast. It's the Land Before Time. Never ends.

When I'm working, I have things on my mind. I haven't yet just lived in terror and leaped to unplug the world as my first thought. I was actually researching something on the net ..... POPPPPP!!!!!!!!

In the house Kelly also heard a loud Pop and our Grandkids yelled ...., It was the Lightening!!!!

So. Back to the Stone Age. Watching CD's by Firelight like our Cave dwelling Ancestors. Chasing Pokemon by Torch light. People can't LIVE like this!!!

At least this stuff was insured. Should only take a trip to China and Korea to Collect.

Gary

PS. Before the "Surge Protector" comments fly ..., the boxes are plugged into surge protector strips. But the net is DSL - so that's burn able I guess. The TV is Satalite .... How in heck to you spell that .... All the Stupid spellcheck wants to put there is "Satanists!" Might be right. And for my comment it replaced "stupid" with "Druid!!" Ya THINK spellcheck has an agenda???? Good Grief!!!!!
We've asked the service providers (multiple companies) over and over about protecting the equipment. This has happened .... five times .... I think. They all say they don't have anything and they will send another modem. So; if there were an easy fix - we've sure given them the chance to explain it. I'm sorry, I don't know everything there is to know. The darned storms come up like a bandit. They raise Cain for five minutes..... or ten hours. Nothing else. It's hideous. Unless you leap to your feet knocking over lamps and tables and family members, bowl over the dog, punch your shoulder thru the drywall .... and rip cords at random from all boxes .., well you missed it. Have a nice week. More crap that wasn't on the brochure. Haha???

Ok. If you want to come fix it ... I'll feed you well and thank you profusely. take a bow. Otherwise, Kelly will wait on hold while I listen to old iPod tracks and a few CDs. What I need is to hear human conversation though. Bummer. Ok. You are informed. Thanks for allowing me to fuss about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 11:47PM by barnespneumatic.
August 14, 2016 12:43PM
Gloom despair and agony ! Hawhaw Hehaw
That's a heck o way to run a business Mr Barnes . Well at least you have the insurance . Seems like a racket going on and I'm sure your only one of many . brick wall

Thanks
Kurt
August 14, 2016 01:44PM
Yeah Kurt,

I just started a Rain Dance ..... No No NO NO NO NO!!! NO!!!!!!!!

Used to be ... you'd get something set up - something DONE - and use it for years and years and years. That way you could BUILD ONTO your life. Now, it uses ALL YOUR RESOURCES, to RE-DO .... To FIX .... to REPLACE. ALL your effort just to keep from sliding backwards. I'd need a staff of ten to just replace the sandbags that wash out of my life every week. Heck - I spend half of every week with Drs. and the Pharmacy!

why me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 01:46PM by barnespneumatic.
August 14, 2016 01:07PM
Hey Gary,
I know that all you want to say is "not again!"
Sorry Bro,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021