Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Close Call!!! excited

Close Call!!! excited
August 20, 2016 06:22PM
I had about one more day in me, without wifi. I was about to start guessing neighbor's passwords .....

Hey ... they had more wifi then they needed ..... angry with "no" sign

Working in this metal Faraday Cage, I couldn't send text to Kelly. Couldn't research of post. After I'd walk to the house to verbally communicate, I'd get a notice that my text had failed to send. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! why me

I couldn't believe it this am when a tech called this morning and asked if he could come check our DSL line. YESSS!!!!!! YESSS!!!!! COME FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!

And so ..... After two weeks of THE MOST GRUE....... Ok, FINE!!! It wasn't THE worst thing that's ever happened to me .... ....,.,.

He found that where the DSL entered the house, it had arced and ruined the connection.

The guy broke off my huggg, left half his tools, and just left. Odd fella.....

And so, having insured my last shop wireless modem .... Number 3 ..... I went and bought #4. And the 200' of cat5e cable was NOT bad!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!

And I took out insurance on this puppy too!!! You can bet. Ahhhh .... and here comes the rain ..... Hah!!!!

Gary
August 20, 2016 07:54PM
Gary
My son says that wifi is way over rated . Hard wire is where it's at . Remember the good old days ahh , you had to get up to answer the phone or change the channel . Well maybe WIFI ain't that bad . Your lucky you got saturday workers .

BTW Open Sesame is a great wifi password

Thanks
Kurt
August 21, 2016 02:16AM
Wait!

Do you think they could develop a hard wired cell phone?????

Nahhhhhh!!!!

Gary
August 20, 2016 10:10PM
Gary,
Nice to have you back in civilization again! No wonder we finally got some pictures...
Later,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021