Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Newest Model 97 - 85 % Complete.

Newest Model 97 - 85 % Complete.
August 26, 2016 04:41AM
This is REALLY a nice one. The Sambar Stag is not trimmed to the case profile yet, but it's inlaid. The "blend" if the stag to bolsters is complete and polished. The high contrast deep black background has been completed in the metal carving.

The blade is ground, fitted, and hardened. It will be polished high carbon Stainless Tool Steel with the Barnes hand cut Cartouche. I'll keep the price at $1,200. I've held these really fine 97's there for probably six or more years (unless the knife has Mammoth Ivory, scale carving, or Damascus Steel).

I hope you like it. You can certainly wait to see it complete first, but the Table is Open Now. Drop your marker here if you are satisfied you know where I'm going with this fine Model 97. From there, go up to the top right corner of the page. To the PM (Private Message) section. Choose to Send a PM. CHOOSE "barnespneumatic" from the Rolodex of names and choose "Done". Tell me how you'd like to pay, and when. If we are agreed, it's yours.

My Best to You,
Gary
take a bow
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sal
August 26, 2016 01:01PM
Very very nice and a steal at $1200!
August 26, 2016 02:28PM
Hi Sal,

I agree.

I really wrestled with that. The knife really stands out. And I went around regarding the pricing. I finally, reluctantly; decided that a more steady market at $1,200 would be preferable. I hope others see the wisdom of your comments.

Until such time, I can't introduce additional exotic materials, Damascus blades, and more. They take a lot of extra time, cost me a lot of extra investment of materials. I look forward to sharing them. Right now I'm really extended (and over extended) - to offer THE highest value per price tag - of any time in 42 years. Now, I've dealt with lots of dealers before, who would be happy to be the only guy at your going out of business sale. But customers here, realize that there has to be health care and lights money - AND - a few dollars for groceries and steel. So that's the make/break line I price items at today. It's stressful, but it will juuuust work. Now, when we can sell a few more, or add a couple of hundred dollars ..... then there's the opening for a bit more ledger time. Weights

Thanks Sal!
Gary
August 26, 2016 03:27PM
Gary
That's a very good deal and the price of a couple yrs ago . I'm really suprised at the longevity with little to NO maintanence Im getting outta my and its in my pocket ! No sleeve or sheath . It still looks great too .
Thanks

Thanks
Kurt
August 27, 2016 02:16AM
Gary,
That is really going to be an exquisite piece when it is finished.
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021