Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: One of the Current Bench Projects

One of the Current Bench Projects
September 17, 2016 02:15AM
image.jpeg

Nearly finished this new piece.

image.jpeg

Great pattern and color in this Skeeter Tusk. On German Silver liners.

thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2016 02:20AM by barnespneumatic.
September 17, 2016 02:23AM
BTW the scales are NOT BUFFED here.

I've had some health issues this week. It's been a tough one. I had to close tonight before I buffed the scales. I think they will be really nice.

I was just too dizzy to safely fun the buffer this evening. I'll get it tomorrow.

Gary
September 17, 2016 09:42PM
yeah working safely around a buffer is a good idea. I use them daily and you can get too confident. Hope your feeling better.
September 18, 2016 12:52AM
Thanks Steve,
Appreciate the thought. Wish I could say it was so.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's one I've made so I can keep paying for all these Dr. Visits. The one to the eye Doc this week was a real bummer. This guy has to learn that nobody likes honesty. (Hey - just look at the traffic here this week ..... dare I say "ha ha??" What's that old show biz saying ..., "When you are sick - the phone stops ringing." So; they always drag themselves onto the stage, sick as a dog. Hey - you can do that for a few hours at a time. Everybody sees how people go to any lengths to hide illness. But then, that old honesty thing rears its head - huh? And fortunately or unfortunately, that's always been my default.

Well, this week has been a real peach.

I've worked, and I've shown you what I've been doing. Sorry the shipping dock isn't jammed with crates. More coffee (that's chicken soup ...)

Ok.

Have a few more pics. Gotta break now. ..,,
Sal
September 18, 2016 03:36AM
That's looking very nice Gary, looks similar to the one I gave my brother in law, he loves it. Sorry to hear things aren't so hot, we do appreciate the honesty, this way we can at least say a prayer or wish you well. Who doesn't like rooting for the underdog anyway! wink
September 18, 2016 03:25PM
Thanks Sal.

You're a friend. Much appreciated.

You know - akin to honesty - I always "notice" everything. why me Which is a major Bummer. That places a moral responsibility on me at the moment. At a get together - I'm the guy that notices a nail head sticking up halfway down the host's steps. Then I'm faced with either pointing it out to the host (always a loosing proposition - you might as well call them lazy and irresponsible). Second choice is ignoring it and thus feeling responsible when Grandma takes a header next week. Third choice is offering to fix it (Don't do it! Worst thing you can do). People just don't want you to "notice things". But, when you do you do. I can't turn it off.

I agree that many folks root for underdogs. However; there's a stipulation. Disabled artists are highly respected, especially if they do good work. It's fascinating what they accomplish, in spite of what they deal with. That's unless they "become" disabled .... after they were familiar to folks before. That's key. Then, when they don't heal in a respectable time; to some, they just become disappointing. People come to something like a forum, to be entertained. It's a break from their own world. So; if there is activity there, ok - they will come back. However; if the artist is the main source of fresh posts ... he has a bad week .... and nobody else picks up any of the slack .... then there's just dead air. Click. Worse, you get the artist posting that his back hurts ... CLICK!!! But if the Artist doesn't post anything at all - he gets PMs wondering if he's died and if he might have finished their gun before he died.

So Sal! Good hearing from you. Yes, this 97 looks similar to one you bought. You give GREAT gifts! This is the next larger size folder.

Thanks Sal!
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021