Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Marketplace #8, and #9. FOR SALE bullhorn

Marketplace #8, and #9. FOR SALE bullhorn
September 30, 2016 11:50PM
I finished up two Plain Hammered Copper Belt Buckles. One in a Bright Polished Finish ... One in a Matt Patina.

image.jpeg

Each buckle is $59

Let's see if anyone would prefer this to the Nike Versions! Haha

image.jpeg

Drop your marker here if you'd like to secure one.

Thanks!
Gary
October 01, 2016 12:25AM
It's hard to show everything and explain it all. Sure, these look simple. I'd suggest you make one to appreciate all the steps.

The buckle face itself, is not just a flat sawn plate. It's a compound curve. Side to side, top to bottom, and with a deeper dish in the middle - (except the Lion one). That is all hammered in. Prior to that, the entire plate is annealed and hammer textured. That seems simple too ... but it isn't. The pattern must be complete coverage. You don't want the strikes all a muddled mess. You don't want them thick here and thin there. You want the eye to scan across the field of strikes, and not pause anywhere. In short ... the easiest looking part .... isn't.

I hope you enjoy seeing these small items. I hope you consider one. I hope their purpose is clear. They are valid projects, when I don't have an available month to concentrate on a rifle. At a time like this, I can complete something that will last hundreds of years, rather then mope on the couch awaiting a medical treatment. The pain recently has been a real bear. I had to do something to bide my time while trying to meet needs. It may not be clear as to why, but accept my premise ... all of my work hours are not interchangeable. Sometimes I can push myself to invest an hour toward a Belt Buckle, but I'm not safe to risk doing the next step on a 15 hour part. thumbs up

Thanks! Hope you consider a buckle.
Gary
October 01, 2016 07:20PM
What are the dimensions of the buckles?

Thanks

We all hope you are feeling better soon, being laid up is no fun I was out for a week flat on my back due to a back strain and had to take it easy for the next month, no fun.

Gary L
October 01, 2016 07:59PM
Hi Gary,

The Buckles are for belts 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" wide. Such as you
Might wear with Jeans.

Buckle Faces are 2 5/8" long (more or less - handmade). Buckle Faces are 1 3/4" wide (approx).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This brown belt is 1 1/2" wide

image.jpeg

This black belt is 1 3/4" wide.

Lion Buckle face is 1.680" tall. (The Lion's tufted feet, etc., get cleaned up a bit yet).

Thanks for asking.
barnespneumatic
Gary
October 02, 2016 12:01AM
I will take #8 AND #9, check in mail as soon as you let me know shipping. If you are doing german silver (nickel) let m know.
Gary L
October 02, 2016 03:25AM
Thanks Gary,

One box will ship both. $6.95

I will make some Nickel Silver Buckles. Yes. And I'll let you know.

Many Thanks.

#s 8 and 9 are SOLD

take a bow

Gary
October 02, 2016 12:30AM
Gary,

Let me know when you make another #9. I was late to the draw to the one you posted.

Keith
October 02, 2016 03:27AM
Hello Keith,

Thank you. I'll make you one this week.

All this hammering is good Primal Therapy! winking smiley

Gary
October 06, 2016 02:54AM
Great to hear, but don't overdo it, you are in recovery mode.

Keith
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021