Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bunch of Pics ....

Bunch of Pics ....
October 06, 2016 03:49AM
Projects from last week. Some brought forward, and finished since my Proceedures. I'll explain the pics tomorrow if you don't mind.

Enjoy ....

Gary
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
October 06, 2016 05:45AM
Wow Gary... you've been busy. Very nice selection
October 06, 2016 01:01PM
Thanks Steve,

Last week I did a bit of belt buckling. It suited my capacity.

Thanks for commenting.

Gary
October 06, 2016 02:41PM
Man Gary
I can't believe those are not all scooped up yet . The first one in line with riveted badge I really like . It's got the BIG hammer marks in it . Do you bent the wire in a jig on the back part ? I was looking at it trying to reproduce it in my head . Just that alone is an art form .
Thanks More coffee

Ps : how do you know when your done hammering ? All the marks touch ?

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2016 05:12PM by kurt wag.
October 06, 2016 10:20PM
Hi Kurt,

In the group of 14 .... numbers go left to right, line to line.

Second Line, no. 6 is yours. I did the darkening of the Logo and finishing of the buckle. Just have to sign it and engrave the serial number BPS#6

The back rod frame is bent on Several purpose made step jigs, with bespoke tools. And I shape the buckles by hand forming hammer and purpose made mandrels into different concaves.

Be back ....

Your knife and buckle are ready to ship

Gary
October 06, 2016 05:24PM
Gary,

Very nice. They all would look good on a nice leather belt. The one I got last year works great Are you going to reissue some of your old/early designs? I remember seeing the dies, but not the buckles they produced. If I remember correctly, you made a die with a blacksmith scene with an anvil or something like that.

Keith
October 06, 2016 10:42PM
Hi Keith

I've considered the anvil logo.

However; it had "Member Knifemaker's Guild" on it. I'm not currently a member, so I don't think I will issue that.

I have an older one. My first roller die. But it's an awkward one to use.

I'll make others.

I made another patina buckle. Note the very dark one. They will want to be somewhat different each time. But, I also haven't done the technique or mixed the chemicals and recalled the technique previously used - completely. You may have that or I'll do another. I liked that. Didn't want to mess with it. Haven't finished all possible. You may have what you like.

I know I need a normal catalog. 14 pictures and descriptions and prices .... It becomes a bear to juggle. Especially when the photo program here doesn't allow you to name photos. It just puts up a random number in sequence. Last post I felt so bad I got things wrong. Right now I have dinner chilling.

Point to what you like. I'll get it into a box. Haha. thumbs up

Gary
October 09, 2016 12:06PM
Gary,

The dark one would be fine. I hope you sell out of all the buckles quickly.

Keith
October 09, 2016 03:11PM
Hi Keith.

Thanks very much. That's no. #10

We will send it out. thumbs up

I appreciate it.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021