Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Whole lot of Nothing...

A Whole lot of Nothing...
October 16, 2016 06:33PM
That is what I have been up to last two weeks.

First my shoulder has/is giving me issues so dealt with chiropractor and turned to physiotherapy which seems to be working. Apparently I over did it when I built the partition in my garage with all the lifting and painting. Having painted the garage interior a week before, physiotherapist thought it may have over tired the muscles and cause the pain.

Second, last Saturday afternoon started getting headache. No biggy, Advil and an hour and generally gone or managed. By Sunday morning, no relief instead turned into a migraine. Slept all afternoon, by bed time no relief. Monday was the same, Tuesday no sign of ending. Slept as I could. Tuesday At 4pm I had enough and went to ER. Through IV was given a pain relief and nausea med. 1/2 hour later the pain was gone. By 8:30 went home. Was able to sleep till 2 am when migraine returned. Went to ER again in the morning and this time Doctor sent me for a CT scan. The scan results showed my sinuses were full and infected. Doc prescribed the meds for treatment at home rather than coming in for IV. Since then its been meds, sleep, and not much else. Had to take the week off work, thankfully I have a great boss. Sinuses still haven't cleared but seems I can wait longer between medications.

Other than that, I sold my first 3D printer. Ordered another from China and hopefully arrives soon. It will do 200 X 280 mm X 200mm on Height. Also is open build platform so can be modified. I have a few ideas using wax based and carbon fiber printable filaments and looking forward to feeling up to doing things again.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their fall season. Will be winter before we know it up here. Still have to get my snowblower running urrgg,

Cheers,

Pedro
October 17, 2016 04:28AM
Pedro,

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I would recommend you stop making airguns and see if that helps.more innocent

The new printer, RepRap? I have a RepRap Prusa clone and was printing a Ruger 10/22 trigger just the other night. It didn't turn out too well, you know there are some tricks to unsupported 3D printing.

This is what I've been up to:

Hope you feel better soon. If the med don't help, try hot chicken soup and lots of bourbon. Your health won't improve but you won't care.

Lon
October 19, 2016 03:54AM
Hi Lon,

That looks like fun with Atv unit. Ordered a RepRap Prusa I3 clone, marketed ad Tevo Trantula. Coworker bought the Trantula and likes it, prints well. I found the clone (probably same builder) as $100 less. Hoyi Sunway Limited us the company. Arrived in 8 days from China, not bad!

Also purchased a 3D scanner, hoping it will come in handy for a few things! There are many tricks and should take a bit to get going.

I don't drink so guess I have to suffer, haha.

Pedro
October 20, 2016 04:56AM
Pedro,

I read the scanners are tricky, need to paint everything white(not really, but a trick that helps). I can't wait to see how it works.

Lon
October 19, 2016 12:37PM
Hi Lon,

I'm glad to see you having a good time and enjoying the nature. Good for you! I saw the winch installed on the front of your UTV. Now there is no excuse when finding muddy trails.
October 20, 2016 05:01AM
Julio,

Yes the winch and good tires are helpful. Problem is, there isn't always something to attach the cable to. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it though. It has come in handy.

Lon
October 17, 2016 11:21PM
Hi Pedro,

I swear I was sure I answered your post. I may have done so - got interrupted - never posted. Who knows, I could have done it on utube for all I know.

I feel your pain Bro. I suggest you get some Steriod in you and move on down the road. Just my personal experience with therapy - "Here - squeeze this rubber ball for 20 minutes - I'll be back" ...,, "Here, lay on your side and twist this towel behind your head .... I'll be back". "See you next Monday, Wednesday, and Friday." Yeah .... no. I have to work.

Yes, pain sucks. Then your meds will catch up for an hour or two. You try to do a week's work before it crashes in on you again. When you do feel decent, you dread pain's return. When it returns ... I actually feel like I must have "caused it". It's relentless.

Best thoughts Pedro.
Gary
October 19, 2016 03:58AM
Gary,

It seems our docs don't want to do the steroid as easily as I would want. I have one more Physio appointment and then time to harass my doc for a cortisone shot.

Been able to work but once meds wear off the headaches come so I am taking the about every 9-10 hours waiting as long as I can between. Be happy once this is over.

I know you are going through worse so I will stop whining now smiling smiley

Thanks for the thoughts,

Pedro
October 18, 2016 09:33AM
Hi Pedro
That sinus thing has been going around here too . I'm lucky that way though it's never bothered me to much . Sorry to hear about your shoulder STILL bothering you . I'm with Gary on the therapy . They made me go before any injections or surgery. I played ping pong for 1/2 hour . You just need to find what works for you .They did do some acupressure that helped with my crooked gait and got some relief . Winter is just around the corner here also . We've had a couple of 30+deg F nights . I'm never ready but it's got me thinking more ! Haha Snowman

Thanks
Kurt
October 18, 2016 02:22PM
Pedro, Kurt,

Ah .... Northern Winter. Another reason for Pedro to get his injections ASAP and get stronger. He's not gonna be hossing a Snowblower around with a bum shoulder.

This has been another episode of .... "Gary's Been There! Advice Corner". Free Advice - Worth The Price! thumbs up

take a bow

Gary
October 19, 2016 04:02AM
Hi Kurt,

Darn cold sure spreads around quickly. Physio has been good and the guy explained much more than my doc or chiropractor, but yes, the more you come back the better their pay checks!

Winter needs to be delayed, haven't got my snow blower running yet. Friday will tackle that one!

Thanks for commenting,

Pedro
October 19, 2016 02:07PM
Hi Pedro,

Btw ..... Evidently I have hit the "Z" instead of the capital arrow so many times, that the phone now changes correct items to "Zpedro" and such. It's
Learned that .... but it still won't learn "haha" .... Often puts "Hagar", "Hsha" .... still plays dumb .....

Ok, so you got a scanner ..... You can make Pedro Bobbleheads! Yayyyyyy!!! Is it like a booth you step into -360 degree laser scan .... I could use that!!!

Hope you have fun with it Pedro. Hope you feel better. Mine is really giving me a fit this time. I have sat and done some bench work.

Be well. Please visit us here as you can.

Gary
October 23, 2016 04:36AM
Gary,

No one would buy a Pedro bobble head unless they use it for target practice! Haha

Scanner is small, I think can only do about 8" tall, maybe 6" diameter. Will know soon enough.

Not felling much better. Monday will see doctor again and thus time request a shot. Somewhere a nerve is pinching and I need relief.

I hate when I post or think I did and something happened that it didn't work!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021