Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FOR SALE bullhorn. Figured Walnut Slide Top - for Tactical 97

FOR SALE bullhorn. Figured Walnut Slide Top - for Tactical 97
October 31, 2016 12:15AM
This is a beautiful Figured Walnut Slide Top. It will fit the Standard Sized Barnes 97s up to the Tactical 97.

Overall, it's 6 5/8" long outside. It's 3 1/8" wide outside. It's 2 1/8" tall outside.

Inside, the cavity is 5 3/8" long inside. 2 1/8" wide inside. 1.235" deep under the lid. That's just under 1 1/4"

It's a beautiful redish dark brown. $175us plus $9 to USPS.

Signed on the bottom

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you'd like to save a bit of money. I sell it in "Kit Form" for $49 ..... Plus $9 to USPS. thumbs up

image.jpeg

Drop your marker here please. Go to PM to arrange details.

Thanks very much!
Gary
November 03, 2016 03:08PM
The kits are flying out the door. Can't wait to see them assembled and reported back! wow
November 03, 2016 04:22PM
Nice work on these boxes great quality on the finish!! Definitely no 5 minit job, really like how the grain looks!
It's a good companion for the 97s!

Matt
November 03, 2016 10:23PM
Thank you Matt,

I'm glad you like them.

Funny thing .... I started professionally working wood, in 1974. Add years of woodworking prior. So; I have developed "adequate" woodworking skills. "If" you are talking a quality product ... then it just takes as long as it took me.

It's one of the things about offering products that readers "feel" they are comfortable with. They know a guy that does woodworking. Or, they do woodworking. And I'm sure it's good stuff. But; to get a product of this quality, made by the very Master Bladesmith who made your knife. A guy who's been known since the 70's. It's not just a box. And, forgetting who made it ... it takes a lot of time and care to make something that looks clean and simple.

Thanks for commenting, Matt. thumbs up

Gary
November 04, 2016 12:04AM
They are a great value for the work and skill... The kit form piece looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of the ocean for the last century! Definitely brought it to life again and then some!

Matt
November 13, 2016 11:03PM
What do you see?

We done with boxes? more confused.

Did Matt and I cover the whole topic ...
November 16, 2016 11:09PM
very nice, wonderful grain and chatoyance in that piece. The finish really brings the grain right out.
November 21, 2016 01:32PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021