Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Improvement

Improvement
November 09, 2016 04:08PM
My Son drove me to the Surgery Center for my Proceedure on Monday.

The reasons, laws, rules, which involve health policies and various States; require travel and things which might seem odd. I thread the needle and do what we are told.

Monday evening, we got back to my Son's home. We traveled back to our place Tuesday, and went to vote.

Today (Wed.) I had to go to yet another Dr. for consultation and prescriptions. Then to the Pharma. We are finally home and I go to work.

I'd be just pleased if it were more simple. It isn't, but I'm grateful it works.

I'm finding pain relief now, and looking forward to shop time!!!!

Blessings,
Gary
November 09, 2016 07:05PM
Gary,

Good to hear the procedure went well. Hope you are pain free and able to get into the shop.

Sitting in the docs office now and trying to get a referral for a cortisone shot. Turns out not every doctor does it and I can only see the last doctor I had with a referral.

All the best!

Pedro
November 10, 2016 01:59PM
Thank you Pedro,
I appreciate your note, very much. I'm doing much better. And feeling more like Gary today. Such a high level of prolonged pain is extremely stressful. Raises your BP. Keeps you anxious and jumpy. When the pain is turned down, you just experience complete exhaustion. I'm coming out of that.
I hope you get relief from your shoulder pain. It effects everything.
God Bless,
Gary
November 09, 2016 08:29PM
Glad your seeing some improvement. Hang in there.
November 10, 2016 02:02PM
Thanks Steve,
Improvement much appreciated!
Coming back up to speed now
Gary
Sal
November 09, 2016 09:32PM
Thanks for the update Gary, I'm very happy to hear you are finding some relief, been thinking about you often.
November 10, 2016 02:13PM
Hello Sal,

I really appreciate the thoughts and we'll wish. Fighting my way out of the fog that lingers after something like that prolonged pain. Ya might thing relief would result it immediately skipping through the woods .... "Hello Mr. Squirrel", "Hello little Bunny!" But; the absence of immediate serious pain results in exhaustion. The body seems to we shaking it's head and saying .... "Wha.... whaaat happened ..."

I'm back at the bench. Did clean up. Put stuff in order. Etc.

Thanks Sal,
Gary
November 09, 2016 09:37PM
Gary,

Glad you are home from the long trip and the treatment is working.

I voted almost a month ago.

We are all pulling for you.

Larry
November 10, 2016 02:17PM
Thank you Larry,

Old Guys Rule!

thumbs up

Thanks for Caring Bud,
Gary
November 10, 2016 11:10PM
Gary,

I saw a quote on the net. "Getting old is not for Sissy's" I know we both get it.

Glad it went well.

Larry
November 11, 2016 12:15AM
Thks Larry

I do know.

Hey, was gonna post that I've just avoided posting updated pain and gloom. I know it attached itself to me. I've repeatedly asked it to leave.

This am, I felt good. Very little pain. However; I was dragging myself around the shop. Forcing myself to work on things people need - I ruined a complex piece of work. Nothing like that to clear your head. A bit late. And so I began manufacturing an entire new subset of parts. On cue, tools hid and a crappy headache appeared. The rest of the day continued along that path. I don't know why. I'd really rather it hadn't. But I didn't quit or throw things. I started building fresh. Evidently "the force" likes to see me work in pain.

Right now - it's a bit dark for a headache, scratched glasses, and detail work. Morning will most likely come tomorrow.

That's my report. Not too glamorous.

I sincerely hope you are all better,
Gary
November 09, 2016 10:08PM
Gary,

I had posted earlier and not sure what happened. Wish you well and hope you are able to work without pain.

Nice that your son could spend sometime with you as well even though it was driving you around.

Pedro
November 10, 2016 10:31AM
Hi Gary,

It's good to here you've got some relief... I could imagine having to deal with the pain while trying to get stuff done in the shop or just day to day activitys would be extremely frustrating! Hope the improvements continue to go well.

Matt
November 10, 2016 02:24PM
Thanks Matt,

It's true. It's been a bear this time. I really appreciate your good wishes. I'll put them to good use. thumbs up

Best,
Gary
November 11, 2016 01:24PM
Awesome Gary, hang in there!
Jeff
November 11, 2016 01:55PM
Gary,
Good to hear it's helping. Don't rush back to work if you're not up to full speed. As you know, that can be even more frustrating.
I pray the relief lasts for many, many moons!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021