Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas Shop Elf Sighting!!!!!

Christmas Shop Elf Sighting!!!!!
November 11, 2016 09:02PM
I'm listening to 100.3 FM out of Detroit. 29/7 Christmas Music! And, I'm making SOMEONE'S Pocket Knife!

After yesterday morning's ruination of a great project .... oh .... BTW Scott .... Your NEW 50 cal barrel core for the shrouded unit is back ready to assemble. Fortunately I had a pulled barrel blank already. So the threading and milling and lathe straightening and more milling and reaming and crowning and and and .... was barely noticed. During the assembly, a weld generated too much heat and produced a small bump inside the barrel. Not requiring a "Choke" five inches from the breech ... I named the unit .... "SCRAP".

I worked all yesterday afternoon, evening, and all morning today to get back to where it was when my leg threatened to twist off. So; I will try that again .... in just a bit.

I've spoken of working on those things I'm suited to at the moment. Occasionally I try to second guess myself. But - it seldom works. I'm often correct when I tell Kelly that I'm not worth a slice of burnt toast today. I should listen. But; dumb bad luck appears even when you reason everything correctly and act in a skilled manner. "It" happens.

However; there are those preliminary rough out jobs and just HAPPY things that can be done. Working on somebody's pocket knife that I don't even know - given by somebody who I don't know is going to buy it ... Takes a bit of the pressure of details off of me.

Hope you like the pic!
I have a few more if you need a Screensaver!!!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2016 03:29AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
November 11, 2016 09:08PM
image.jpeg

Hohoho! Snowman
November 12, 2016 11:11AM
You better watch out !!
You better not ......more innocent

Thanks
Kurt
November 14, 2016 03:49AM
Now I know for certain, that there is some powerful organization paying off forum members to shut me down.

ONE COMMENT
November 14, 2016 10:47AM
You know Gary
All the kids have been doing selfies for awhile but ..... The ole white beard is coming in great !

Thanks
Kurt
Sal
November 14, 2016 12:12PM
You are definitely a Santa shoe in. I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood was knocking down your door for a part in the next Christmas movie!
November 14, 2016 12:46PM
WHAT ... and LEAVE ALL THIS??!! Hah!!!! Neve..... Where do I sign .... anybody got a pen.....???
November 16, 2016 11:06PM
Just your luck, they'd want you to be the stunt-double for some action start Santa movie.

"OK Gary, just as a review, as soon at the cement truck smashes you off the 10 story parking garage your santa suit will automatically light itself on fire. If everything goes like we planned, the explosions shouldn't knock you off course much so you should land right in the center of the kiddy pool. Just make sure you hold your breath, since you need to stay underwater until the sharknado passes you by." OK EVERYONE, get ready, take 17, ACTION!bullhorn
November 17, 2016 12:41AM
Gary,

The pictures are great!
I'm sorry to hear about the scrap.confusedyawning smiley.
Some days life just sucks! But at least you still.look good. sunny

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021