Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 3D Printer video

3D Printer video
November 13, 2016 01:31AM
Hello,

Over last few weeks got the 3D Printer running. Was rather exhausting as I went another direction and went without the auto level feature.

[youtu.be]

Made the video with iMovie on the iPhone, works really well after you learn how it works.

Hope the video helps understand a little about 3D printing.

Pedro
November 13, 2016 01:48PM
Pedro
That's way cool and the sounds were great to . It looks like a ton of work to prepare for the test run . My wife says I can't have one after hearing me watch watch your video / movie . It's pretty scary what you'll be able to make with that new printer .
Thanks for sharing .

Thanks
Kurt
November 14, 2016 03:33AM
Hi Kurt,

My wife isn't crazy about the sounds either. It was a rather involved setup to get going and still learning. Thankfully there is a lot of information on the net but it all takes up so much time.

3D printing is making leaps and bounds. One German fellow has YouTube video showing you do not need to buy carbon Fibre or other special plastics. He says to simply "heat treat" the PLA plastic and it is much stronger to match other pricy plastics without the hassles.

It will be nice to make larger parts and if you can draw it, the object can pretty much be printed. It is scary what can all be done and inspiring at the same time.

Thanks,

Pedro
November 13, 2016 02:41PM
Pedro,

I can't get over the language that it speaks lol! It's very fast! looks to be of nice quality also! You did a good job getting it all honed in...this thing would be great for makeing all sorts of things! Im tellin you, should get a laser attachment for laser engraving if it's possible... That way you can mark your parts. Regardless it's an awesome machine and it works well!

Matt
November 14, 2016 03:37AM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the comments! It does make for some interesting sounds. My friend ordered a laser than can be adapted to these machines so will see how it goes. A small laser cutting table can also be made with a slightly more powerful laser.

Still have more tweaks to get better prints but coming along.

You keeping busy with any projects?

Pedro
November 13, 2016 03:44PM
Very neat Pedro.

And, that hydroelectric power station you are building will quickly pay for the unit! thumbs up

I fear if you would slow down the beeping squiggle noises - you'd find that they are commercials for all manner of products! If you have an overpowering desire for a new hair gel - case closed.

Gary
November 14, 2016 03:42AM
Gary,

I missed the thing about hydroelectric station... our province is building one but I am not haha...

Haven't used hair gel in ages, in the same boat as you when it comes to hair lol.

Wife keeps telling me the aliens are communicating thru the machine... commercials are only on YouTube!

Have a great week!

Pedro
November 16, 2016 05:12AM
Pedro,

Nice!

What slicer(Printer software - for those other guys, Pedro wink ) are you using.

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021