Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New Folder - preliminary pic

New Folder - preliminary pic
November 15, 2016 02:54AM
image.jpeg

I have to polish out the blade and engrave the serial numbers yet. Should be done tomorrow.

Slip Joint Pocket Knife.

6" overall
2 5/8" blade
Fossilized Florida Misquito Tusk
Hand Filed spine - extra length
Machine Screw attached scales.

More tomorrow.

Gary
November 15, 2016 06:32AM
Gary
I love the contour to the scales . Well I love everything else too !
Thanks for sharing

Thanks
Kurt
November 16, 2016 01:42AM
Wow Gary, the Fossilized Florida Misquito Tusk scales really add some character and good look to this pocket knife. Well done! I hope to see it finishedwhistling
November 16, 2016 02:03AM
Very nice. Someone is going to be lucky to own that knife.

Keith
November 16, 2016 02:56AM
Thank you Julio, Keith!

It's going to be very nice. I really like the handles. Gosh, it's taken more time then I'd like, but I have detailed it nicely. The blade runs on the machined raised Trunnion Pads as in previous best class folders. I chose to alter the construction by having the handle scales attach via Stainless Steel Machine screws. The knife frame, itself; is independent of the scales. With a full side cover scale, I thought it was more visually balanced with the screw placement, over the rivet pattern.

I'll make other points when I finish it. The blade is complete, polished, logo engraved. Minor details and assembly. But there is always something that comes up when you try to complete something to the clock. Seldom works. Regrets are frequent if you push it.

In truth, this Cursed Early Darkness is kicking my psychic buttstock. I hate it with a passion. WHY can't we correct this nonsence. I know this is THE correct time .... but if we could come up with Daylight Savings for the War effort ... why can't we avoid this depressing darkness at 5 pm. Who wants to live in the dark! angry with "no" signangry with "no" signangry with "no" sign

Gary
November 16, 2016 10:45PM
From the looks of it, this will feel really nice in the hand. I like the profile of the handle scales, they just look "right". thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021