Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FABULOUS KNIFE FOR SALE bullhorn

FABULOUS KNIFE - NOW SOLD!!! take a bow
November 16, 2016 08:13PM
I hope you will consider owning this beautiful Barnes Folder. 6" OAL, 2 5/8" blade.

It's quite special. This is a new Ancient Ivory Simulate version of my "Fossilized Skeeter Tusk". winking smiley. It has a great depth and the rich color and translucence of aged Ivory.

The Spring Back design has ALL of the Classy Features. First - it has Dual Nail Nicks. Right or left hand easy opening. It has a perfect action. Snappy without being harsh. It has the hand File Art spring AND cut liners. The Filework is half again as long as other small folders this size have had. The full length scales are machine screwed to the liners for a clean look. The blade runs on my machined Trunnion blocks to make the action crisp and keep the blade flats (Ricasso) from getting scratched up.

It's a really special knife. And it will give you and your Family several Lifetimes of Service for $649 plus $15 insurance and USPS Priority Mail.

Please drop your marker here .... And go to PM section with details. We can't split this payment or add it to existing terms.

It's a niceTHIS EXCELLENT CUSTOM KNIFE IS NOW SOLD! one Guys. I love this handle. Many Thanks, Gary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2016 04:10AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
November 16, 2016 08:44PM
One more thing. If there is a "Universal Comment" from those that tell me they have received their work ... it is this: "THE PICTURES do NOT do it JUSTICE!" Every time. So; I do my best portraying the items, but please keep that in mind.

thumbs up

Gary
November 16, 2016 11:10PM
November 17, 2016 12:32AM
Gary,
That knife looks great!
Should I buy another knife, or sharpen the one I have? ( Although, it's still sharper than any non-Barnes knice I have)
If someone else doesn't claim it soon, I might be forced to own another one....

Scott
November 17, 2016 06:27AM
Scott
I feel like you're challenging me into buying that knife . It is a great looking knife and I think it would fit my hand just perfect .
The profile of the handle is incredible . I can invision opening the blade up in the dark with out looking . The groove in the ambidextrous scales will guide your thumb right to the nail tick on the blade for covert operations .

I think the simulated ivory tusk has to be my favorite of all non animal / living part scales .
Thanks for the chance Gary .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 06:29AM by kurt wag.
November 17, 2016 12:56PM
OK .... Scott and Kurt each have one shot in the 9 Ring.

Nice shooting Guys.

Now, we just need someone with a clean 10X. shooter. target plane
November 17, 2016 02:56PM
That is a nice looking knife. I like the file work. Did you use copper for the liners? Alice loves the one I got her (the green and copper folder) and she takes it to work with her daily. She's even had a chance to use it once or twice so far.

Keith

BTW - if I had the budget .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 02:57PM by Keith.
November 17, 2016 04:58PM
Thanks Keith!

Real glad Alice likes her knife! thumbs up

Thanks for commenting.

Boy, I wish ALL of my Client/Friends had a huge budget.

Hey, remember the early days when so many hated me because they said all of my customers were "Rich Snobs!" Hah! We even had tees made for one shoot that were BRSC. (Barnes Rich Snobs Club). Even had a Logo. I'll change my Avatar to that one. - minute .... Haha.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2016 12:56PM by barnespneumatic.
November 17, 2016 09:01PM
Gary,

Sometimes members of the BRSC might know someone with a few $$ to spare and good taste in fine knives. I believe that is the case here. Sorry, Scott and Kurt, but I believe this one is now sold.

Keith
November 17, 2016 11:46PM
I don't know all the details, but I'll accept Keith does.

Guys ... THIS ONE IS NOW SOLD!

Thanks Keith. You can fill me in off screen.

BTW - this is among THE few finest slip joint pocket folders I've made at BPS. thumbs up

Many Thanks,
Gary
Re: FABULOUS KNIFE - NOW SOLD!!! take a bow
November 19, 2016 10:46AM
Gary
I know I missed out on a good knife there . I don't know why but the yellow / white ivory color is one of my favorite colors . I'm not sure what you mean by complete full file work . Is that the way it curves at the bottom of the handle ? I don't think I ever saw it like that before . I just think how it would look in one of those slide top boxes you made ! WOW .

Thanks
Kurt
November 23, 2016 11:03PM
Hi Kurt,

Sorry. I missed answering you here.

I ran the file pattern farther forward and farther back than usual. When there is a bolster, the little rectangle block parts of the file pattern can't continue into the bolster area. Soldering on the bolsters would fill the pattern. So the geometric pattern doesn't fully run up in that area. Here, on this style, it could.

This customer DID ALSO purchase a Slide Top. I had the perfect size almost complete. I finished it for him.

Great set.

image.jpeg

Gary
November 27, 2016 07:51PM
DROOOOOOOL!
November 27, 2016 07:55PM
Griz!!!!

Dude - I thought the Bears et yah!

Good to hear from you. thumbs up

Stop and Drool more often.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021