Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'd like to Personally Thank ....

I'd like to Personally Thank ....
November 18, 2016 11:35PM
C. W. McCall .....

For writing and performing one of the finest pieces of Comedy Ballads - Wolf Creek Pass.

I just had a purely enjoyable several minutes listening to the incredible lyrics and cadence. It's perfect. humuhummmhummm haha. singing

That's quite a story. And Artistic detail. Not the Three Words mumbled 79 times in the modern song....ishhhh. blah blah

smileys with beer. Salute!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 11:37PM by barnespneumatic.
November 19, 2016 12:38PM
I'm not sure I remember that one but I think he sang Convoy too . All about the truckin . Some days I wish I was on the open road just driving from town to town . Other days I'm glad I can go home every night .

Thanks
Kurt
November 19, 2016 11:25PM
I LOVE that song....it is just hysterically funnyrolling happy smiley

Kurt, you are right - he did sing Convoy as well as some other trucking/CB radio type songs !
November 20, 2016 03:01AM
The man is a WORDSMITH. I was just telling Kelly about the song and recalled about 39%. "I looked at Earl and his eyes were wide. His lip was curled and his leg was fried ..., hahaha.

What a joy over the standard one phrase wonders making $178m per year. Heard one day of her experience ....," ..... to a friend of hers - send me that track and I can write words to it in 20 minutes." Yeah.

Still smile at CW's word pic. "... 1,000 cubes of 1948 Peterbilt screamed to life", "..... Of a tunnel ..... Sign said clearance at the 12' line - but those crates were stacked to 13'9". Haha.

It's worth anybody's time to google/Bing it.

thumbs up

Yes - Convoy is also full of detail. The fact that I heard that 1,764 times thru the years does make Wolf Creek take favorite though. Haha.

Thanks Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021