Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SKEETER 2: wonderful weekend. wow

SKEETER 2: wonderful weekend. wow
December 06, 2016 07:14PM
We invited a group of Friends to BPS for the weekend. It was a wonderful time. Excellent Conversation, Food, Show and Tell, and Shooting of Barnes Airguns. Just a great few days.

I have many pics to process and post. Others do as well. I'll do so, ASAP!

If you attended, please feel free to post pics and comments. I'll join in shortly.

Wouderful group of people that I've met through airguns. Folks who have attended other events. People who participate on the forum here. Most of whom are waiting for guns, may have gotten one, and wait for others.

Some brought their guns, and Barnes Knives. It made for QUITE a show and tell!!!

Takes time to post. I've been cleaning up my shop this am. I think I took out everything to show during discussions over the weekend. Much was torn out to complete a folder before the show.

Hope we have good stories. Don't wait for me. I have to go out on an errand. Be back!

thumbs up

Gary
December 07, 2016 11:10PM
Home home on the lane ! The shooting lane was filled with many different targets . Most of them were reactive and heavy iron construction . Each target was painted in bright colors to identify any and all shots .

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
December 07, 2016 11:16PM
The airguns were classic Barnes and there for all to enjoy . Some big some medium and some small . This young man fell in love with a great pistol ! Shooting in a Barnes hold shooting style hit most of his intended targets .

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
image.jpg
December 08, 2016 12:32AM
Thanks Kurt!

You are most welcome. Thanks for attending. We had a great time. Loved to Host you Ladies and Gents.

The "Hoss 45" ALWAYS brings out a big smile. AND ... those who shoot it, end up with a HUGE SMILE that nearly circles their head! Everybody wants one.

The accuracy is just silly, even for new shooters. The hold and the firing cycle seems to suit everyone who has ever stepped up to the firing line. It's one of my regrets, that I don't have a seperate Gary to dedicate wholly to building "Hoss" PCP Pistols. And another for Bison. One for Tundra. One for model 97 Folding Knives. There's just one well used Gary to make them all.

take a bow

Gary
December 07, 2016 11:25PM
One of the fun parts of shooting is examining the carnage and lead projectile. These fellows all are discussing the shiny lead discs left after the targets got nailed . When I asked my son what target he was shooting at ..... He told me " The one with the big hole in I just hit " bowing

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
December 07, 2016 11:34PM
So like most people that have ever shot a Barnes Airgun , you get a big grin on your face and immediately want one . We all enjoyed great food thanks to miss Kelly and Kent and a constant fire that everyone took turns stoking kept us warm well into the evening . We shot until dark and then got the spot lights out to shoot more . There was plenty of munchies and all kinds of great crafted Barnes items .
I would like to thanks Gary and Kelly for hosting a great weekend with tons of southern hospitality. I'm not sure about others but my son had the best time ever and I think he even tried to by a gun from Gary !

Them kids just don't have the stamina us older guys have !

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 11:40PM by kurt wag.
image.jpg
December 08, 2016 12:44PM
Kurt,

I would like to second that. Gary and Kelly were excelent hosts and we all had a great time. I really enjoyed seeing some of Gary's older knives and the new ones in various stages of development. My wife and sons had a great time hanging out, looking at all the cool stuff Gary has created over the years, and of course shooting his works of art.

Keith
Sal
December 08, 2016 01:16PM
Looks like the weather turned out much better this year. It's nice to see familiar faces and some new ones too! Don't worry Kurt, my kids did the same thing last year and my drive was only 4.5 hours, LOL. I hope we get some nice weather during the kids break, I have the air tanks full and ready to do some long awaited shooting.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021