Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Nice Shooting!

Nice Shooting!
December 10, 2016 06:00PM
At the weekend Skeeter Shoot 2, the guys were shooting the Hoss 45 Pistol. Standing shots.

image.jpeg

They were shooting Doubles!

image.jpeg

These are my 2 am Knock Over Groundhogs. Of course, a wholloping shot would drive them back and over. To be set up after the range went cold when all the targets were knocked down. So; any second shot at that target was after a sizable delay.

Coming back around, the guys were stacking their second shots. The placement is just individual hold vs. eye registry with the halo sight fitted to the Hoss.

image.jpeg

I was sighting in "Shopzilla!" Configured in 87 Smoothy. 925 grain smooth bore Barnes round, the sights were adjusted low left. I adjusted and Bethany nailed a 50 yard clay bird dead center. My phone battery was dead. I missed the pic, but others got it. We Mointed the birds by placing three dry wall screws in a triangle. Place bird inside. Stretch a rubber and around the three screws. That leaves the band crossing the bird three places. She went thru the bands, letting it in place with that massive 87 caliber hit dead center!

Send me that pic guys.

But here, my low left shot rather "kissed" the reset target I made. Heavy plate steel paddles. TWISTER!!!

image.jpeg

The shooters fount Karl's 46 Nitro Express just TOO accurate for the field. After dark now .... By light of Kelly's van, Kurt's killer flashlight, and a clip light .... They developed their own game. Shoot at 50 yards, in the glaring spotty light, .... wait for it .... at a DRY WALL SCREW HEAD!

Oh yeah, they nailed it. With a few very near misses.

image.jpeg

All the guns brought, functioned great.

Gary
December 10, 2016 07:08PM
Gary
Don't forget about the targets that broke and taco'd and had to get welded back together after flattening back out ! Haha soft lead mild steel and a whole lotta FPE = destruction . It's really hard to stop having fun due to darkness also . In Michigan its @ 5:00p when the darkness hits this time of year . It seemed like 4:00p down there . I don't know how you get any work or play done .

Thanks
Kurt
December 11, 2016 01:18AM
It's hideous Kurt. The darkness. Absurd. Why can't a civilized country change that. I don't know one person that likes it to be dark at 4:30/45. By six it seems like 10 pm. By 7 it's like midnight. It's now 8 and I'm in the shop. Seems like the middle of the night.

Good grief, those months up way north when it's dark for months .... I'd loose my mind.

Yeah, lead can really fold steel.

Thanks for your comments Kurt!

Gary
December 11, 2016 01:36PM
Beautiful! Looks like a ton (of lead) fun!
Thanks for the pics,
Jeff
Sal
December 13, 2016 10:27PM
It stinks that in the panhandle you are just over the time zone. That one hour makes a big difference. Hey don't you get to set your own work hours being self employed and all? Oh that's right, that's a 24 hour job......Get crackin'

Shopzilla is a beast, no joke, if you put wheels on it they would call it a cannon.
December 14, 2016 12:06AM
Hi Sal.

Hey, I wanna know. How's our time zone effect us? Am I overlooking an obvious thing? Clearly the earth rotates the same everywhere. But we ARE on the Eastern edge of the Central time zone .... hummmmmm. Yeah ..., it gets to be 4:30 here .... The sun is already laying down! But way out in Texas, it's ALSO 4:30 and the sun it much higher in the sky at the time!!!!!!

Well "I'll be Gobsmacked!!!" I never thought of that!! But ... I'm just a tike .... Hahahaha. laughing

Thanks Sal. That's really depressing! Haha.

Gary
Anonymous User
December 18, 2016 06:46PM
Maybe some day I can attend.
December 18, 2016 07:51PM
Thought you might enjoy it. Sorry it didn't work out to accept our invitation this year.

Everyone has always enjoyed. Hope you can come next time.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021