Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas Knife!

Christmas Knife!
December 14, 2016 02:33AM
image.jpeg

Guys at the Skeeter Shoot saw a very vintage knife of mine - this design. I find myself without a Christmas knife. A year or so past, I prepared stag/bone knife cases for saddle back knives. I had also made a couple of saddle springs. As happens in a one man show, something came up at that time, so those parts went into inventory. I got to thinking about the parts, and wanting a knife to carry, so I made up a blade. If it fits my scheduled Christmas Season work expected, Christmas Gifts needed for family, I might get it at least functional to carry.

What do ya think? Have you seen this kind of locking back, spring closed design before?

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2016 04:02AM by barnespneumatic.
December 14, 2016 04:11AM
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Saddle Spring Folder, and "Sid"

Gary
Sal
December 15, 2016 12:19AM
I seeeeee the root of all the problems! It's a cute Black Cat! Cool knife too, interesting lock, hold onto this one for a bit. winking smiley
December 14, 2016 09:37AM
Gary
I have seen pictures of your knifes that look similar to the lock back . I can only imagine the work alone that goes into the mechanism . Do you lift up on it to open and close ?
It looks difficult to attach AND make strong enough to withstand the rigors of the user .

Hey your shoes untied ! Snowman

Thanks
Kurt
December 14, 2016 05:39PM
Hi Kurt,

This is very unfinished. The release is the thumb wing just above the pivot pin.

These are very strong.

Just wanted you to ride along as I made it.

Yes! My shop shoes were "untied" right out of the box!!!! Imagine!!! Hah. Good for old worn out backs though.

Thanks Kurt!!!
Gary
December 19, 2016 08:21PM
Gary,

That's turning into a sweet knife! I look forward to seeing what it finally becomes.

Karl
December 19, 2016 09:21PM
Hi Karl,

Me too! Thanks. It's laying here on the bench, taunting me. But Mrs. Claus has had my nose to the belt grinder. Making Family Christmas presents! Ha.

Each year, I swear I'll begin in August. However; each year is full. Hah! So it's been ....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Life at the bench! Ha!! But, as you can see, the work has perks. thumbs up

I'll try to find time to push my knife along a bit, during the next week. Hope to.

Thanks Karl!
Have a great Christmas,

Gary
December 22, 2016 02:35PM
I'm glad to see The Mrs is keeping you fed!

Scott
December 22, 2016 06:52PM
Thanks Scott!

In fact, I just got a text asking me if I'd like a BLT?

Now THAT is a most welcome text. Green bowing

Merry Christmas Scott!
Gary
December 21, 2016 12:32PM
It looks like Mrs. Claus is still taking good care of ole St. (don't) Nick (yourself with that new knife)!
Enjoy,
Jeff
December 21, 2016 10:49PM
Hi Jeff,

I'm almost finished the gifts for family. HoHO!!!! Whoopie!!! Then finish Kelly's gift. The knife isn't looking good. I've always had to wait my turn too ... I better sharpen the backup invade I get a present! wow

Been getting some good bench meals. Our local "Feed Santa" program has been showing up with food. Yeahhhh!!

Hope you are good Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by!!!
MerryChristmas!
Gary
December 22, 2016 02:38PM
That looks like a good shop knife. If you finish polishing it up, no one will want to use it for anything....

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021