Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Scene of the crime

Scene of the crime
December 23, 2016 06:35PM
I've live in Michigan my whole life and don't get out of state too much . I do have kin folk in Alabama and always love the state but probably cause I've been there most and really enjoyed the openness and people . On my trip back from the Skeeter shoot my son and I left the hotel at 3:00 am to complete the 15-16 hour ride . So fast forward a couple weeks later I get a certified letter in the mail . It was from the state of Alabama in particular a little town near the edge of Flordia .
At 5:14 am on a Sunday , I was cruising thru this small town driving normal not being familiar with the area AND being dark .
Now it's a good couple hours ride to get to the highway from the hotel and we saw a lot of great little towns . Well I guess I was speeding in a school zone and got a photo of me coming and going thru this zone supposedly speeding . Oh did I mention there was an $80 ticket in the certified envelope too ? It's called a PhotoNotice !

Well I knew they " the man " had cameras all over the USA but didn't know they could just mail you a ticket !
I have 3 options to choose from

1. Enclose payment in envelope
2. Sign affidavit stating it wasn't me
3. Fight the ticket in a traffic court hearing

I have chosen option 1 as I'm sure any out of towner would do .
Now I'm no angel on the highway driving . I do speed and keep up with the flow of traffic but I have had a perfect and clean driving record for well over 30 yrs and proud of it . But the whole school zone/ Sunday / 5:00 am thing AND honestly as I look at the video on line there is NO WAY I was doing 50 mph !

Well hope you'all don't get caught the way I did . I'd rather see the officers doing there job in person .

Ps: at least they block out the faces in the photo . That's probably ILLEGAL!

I'm just sayin $

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 06:42PM by kurt wag.
image.jpg
December 23, 2016 08:20PM
Wait a minute! Isn't that driver's side headlight a out of alignment?!! That's a Felony right there! How do you SLEEP at night!!!

I've had two lovely experiences in the last several years. On one, my yard trailer which I used a few times a year, had slipped by without me taking the sticker Kelly had bought, and slapping it on the tag. I was trying to make the 4 pm landfill closing when, back in Westminster ... STATE POLICE eagle eyed my tag, an inch above the road, in six lanes of traffic, at about 3:40pm - among half a million cars. WHOOOOOOPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! I was in a center lane, I front of a strip mall which didn't have a full lane shoulder, among said half a million cars. The strip mall abuts a bridge .... with narrow shoulders. WHOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! Etc., etc. and within about 75 yards, ANOTHER Cruiser has appeared, and literally begins to squeeze me off the road!!!! On the far side of the bridge - I SAFELY PULLED OVER!!!!! Kelly would NOT allow me to go to traffic court for that. She feared I'd get the chair.

In the second lovely experience - down here. I pulled a Doc Hollywood. Did anyone see the movie 30 years ago Doc in his Porsche Speedster was taking a new practice in the sticks - I think. Anyway - a tractor trailer masks the exit sign he needs, as he was passing the truck. In my movie, having followed a string of cars behind Mother Thersa for 20 miles, the road opened to two lane. I was joyous to get around the few trucks in front of me. They masked the single 45 mile per hour sign 1/4 mile before Interstate 10. Single lane 55 mph road changes to double lane 45 mph just big enough for a Cruiser to be tucked in a side road. What a coincidence. So; I was passing trucks from a 55 mph zone. blah blah. Winded up to be a nice small custom folder. Kelly wouldn't let me go defend my honor. We were pretty sure they already knew they had a speed trap there.

Kurt, I'm real sorry you got fingered. It's a shame our protectors have been pressured into becoming revenue generators for townships. But fighting City Hall just never works. Remember all the late 70s movies. Like Walking Tall. Haha.

Gary
December 25, 2016 02:10PM
That sux Kurt!
Sorry Brother,
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021