Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Scott's Outrider Hunt!

Scott's Outrider Hunt!
December 26, 2016 08:40PM
Our Buddy, Scott; had opportunity to get his Outrider 50 (Prototype) into the woods! And took His Tactical 97 folding Hunting Knife along. I got this text today.

Copy:

It's still alternative weapons deer season in Missouri. I didn't get a picture of the big doe (175-200#), but this is the result of the hunt!

image.jpeg

(End copy).

And so, I replied: "Wonderful!!!! Details. How far, 400 grain slug, clear thru, etc. And may I post the pic?"

(End).

Here are the segments of his SMS text reply - Yayyyy!!!!!

Copy:

Rifle performed well, as always. About 30 yards. Clear through, at dawn. Demolished one shoulder and through rib bones on both sides....

.... of the chest. She laid down about 200 yards away, in the woods, and of course; I had to drag her up hill.... The tactical 97 gutted, ....

.... skinned, and quartered the deer well. I had my other knives with me, but I didn't need any of them. You may certainly post the pic. ....

.... It was a tasty lunch!

End Copy.

I'm always THRILLED to get a pic and copy of any of my work in use. Even if you just oiled and wiped off a folder. It's just great to become part of a very fine memory with friends made thru my work.

Thank You, sincerely; Scott. I really loved sharing in your story. And that meal looks great. (Tony's Steak Seasoning I see on top?)

Gary
December 27, 2016 01:21AM
Very nice! Satisfying no doubt! Wish airguns were allowed for hunting in Canada.

Pedro
December 27, 2016 09:45AM
Scott
Way to go . It looks like the Barnes kit did a fine job putting meat on the table . Is that an average size doe for the area there ? We get them here in Michigan about that size . I've never hunted out of state but did hear they are smaller down south .
Thanks for sharing

Thanks
Kurt
January 12, 2017 12:04AM
Kurt,

That was a particularly large doe for Missouri. But close to the city and around farms, that is not uncommon.

Scott
December 28, 2016 12:27AM
Scott:

Congratulations on a successful hunt. The deer looks
delicious. Barnes can surely deliver the goods.

Karl
December 28, 2016 05:25AM
Scott,

"Way to go".

Lon
January 12, 2017 12:03AM
Gary,

I knew you would appreciate the picture. I always have fun when shooting a Barnes! "festive"
That is not Tony's Steak Seasoning. That is Scott's steak seasoning! LOL! But I'm always willing to try something new....nowthatIthink

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021