Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: JANUARY FIRST, WORKING IN THE SHOP

JANUARY FIRST, WORKING IN THE SHOP
January 01, 2017 03:57PM
image.jpeg

I hope we all share in a great new year.

It's New Year's Day. I'm in the shop working.

My family has had a great series of Holiday visits. It's been great to see children and grandkids that we have not seen in years. I try to combine opportunities with small tokens to help retain memories. I took the time to make the boys a couple of toy rubber band guns. There's always the risk of stirring up grudges when I make anything at all. But, realistic minds know it takes a bit longer to finish a Bison.

I'll do all I can this year. I'm aware. I also try to keep humor as I meter out my energy. Always aware of my obligations. First obligation, as any good citizen ... to my Health Care Provider. Haha. So; Salute! With any remaining energy, I live and breath. And meet all remaining obligations. take a bow

I saw an advertisement this am. A lady sat with her Tablet. And; opening one Ap provided her with hundreds of magazines. The depiction was that of an endless series of magazines escaping her tablet like a flock of geese taking off from wetlands. And, I realized once more .... that is a tiny, tiny part of .001% of the options you have on the net. That you ever stop here is an improbable small chance. However; please continue to stop by. We depend upon your interest. I try to make it interesting and enjoyable. Everything changed far more with the introduction of the net, than it did with the introduction of the Automobile. When I started in business, we all worked to get a picture and s caption in a magazine article. Then perhaps in an annual book. Perhaps the cover of an annual book! Then a major award at a major show!!! Or a major certification. And I used my work and efforts to accomplish them all.

Then came the net. And, for a while; it allowed the most wonderful personal outreach. Then, ten applicable sites became one hundred. While became thousands upon thousands. So that we are like grains of sand on a beach. Our quality of work has gotten better as we have faded to one pixel in a photo. And so, I appreciate that you stop here. It's my honest judgement, that my work has never been better. I've always worked to capacity. And almost none of that work remains here. So; folks like it. I'll continue working, to capacity. That's my word to you. Please stop by and see what is produced.

Thank You Again!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 04:09PM by barnespneumatic.
January 01, 2017 05:51PM
Happy New Year Gary. Just checking in to say hello. BPS is a daily routine for me so please Keep it up.
January 01, 2017 06:51PM
Gary
A happy and healthy year to you and Miss Kelly . You have to keep evolving and reinventing yourself to keep up . It's all about change and I'm sure that your a much better craftsman now and it shows .
I honestly don't play or contribute to any websites but really enjoy the fine company on your Rendezvous site . I hope you and others keep sharing for a long time

Sincerely THANKYOU .

Thanks
Kurt
January 01, 2017 11:05PM
Thanks Steve, and Kurt.

So glad you are part of the Family.

Gary
January 02, 2017 06:31PM
image.jpeg

Everything still dragged out while all was cleaned last night!

Finished this am!

image.jpeg

The prime area has been cleaned up, organized, and the new bench assymilated!

Here, you can see its PRIMARY purpose. Hah!

It will have projects all over it after lunch.

People have told me, for over 40 years, that you "simply" have to put each tool back, after you use it! Boy, I wish I had the 40 hour day that would take. Haha.

Gary
January 03, 2017 08:26AM
Mmmm nice bowl of clam chowder . Looks like a great addition to any shop .

Thanks
Kurt
January 04, 2017 05:21AM
I dunno. The new shop is starting to look a lot like the old shop.wink

Lon
January 04, 2017 01:48PM
That's true Lon.

As long as products flow out, it's a perfect shop.

Gary
January 04, 2017 01:03PM
Happy New Year Gary and Kelly!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021