Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Why is it ?

Why is it ?
January 20, 2017 12:42AM
The other day I was thinking why do airguns and knifes go together so well . I know you guys that are reading this now like both or you wouldn't be here ! Where else can you get a good / great knife AND airguns ? This is a few of my non Barnes blades hope you enjoy . They're pretty old and you probably can't get and good knife and Airgun anymore except here .

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
January 21, 2017 11:59PM
These knifes are NOT for sale ! Just in case anyone was wondering .whistling

Thanks
Kurt
January 22, 2017 01:34AM
Ah, common Kurt .... let me buy one .... wink
January 22, 2017 01:37PM
Nice collection Kurt smiling smiley
Jeff
January 22, 2017 02:30PM
I was too busy being silly. I never actually said - I didn't know Crossman had a brand of blades.

I noticed. The front pivot pins on the kickbacks stand proud of the bolsters and the front bolsters are so much more worn. In and out of the sheath? Did you notice the pins Kurt?

The multi blade knives have beautiful jigged bone. Very nice!

Gary
January 22, 2017 10:10PM
Yes the only Mark on the blade is Crosman and USA. They must have ran their own line and not hired them out .
I didn't notice the pins till you said it but yes they probably did wear out from the sheath . I did use them a lot but not the camp knife . Did you notice the locking mechanism inside the multi blade? It's inside between the sides and locks the blade open . Then you push to one side to close the blade . It's kinda neat !

Thanks
Kurt
January 22, 2017 11:24PM
Hi Kurt,

Yes, that mechanism was often seen on the Boy Scout folders and on Fishing Folders. I'm seeing folders with bright yellow plastic scales - and teeth on the back of the blades. Not saw teeth - fish scaling teeth. I'm my mind's eye memory - these yellow knives were everywhere in cases where knives were sold. They were larger spring back knives but with the portion of the liner which flipped over as a safety. IIRC, some were two bladed and one blade had a Y shaped end to the blade - supposed to be a fish hook remover. I tell all that cause that's where I always saw these mechanisms

Thanks for posting,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021