Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: That super secret folder

That super secret folder
February 22, 2017 03:48AM
A real fine Aurora Folder. New file spine pattern. Hand cut bone scales. I'm going to jig and dye the bone.

Should be done tomorrow. Then I have to test that rifle for pick up here Tuesday. Then finish up details on mostly finished knives. Will get a couple pcs out in the mail. You'd be amazed how long that all takes. Sucks up hours to prepare packages, clean and pack, address, drive to town, wait at the post office. Drive back. Surprising how long it all takes. And, you find time for that among the paying hours. Just honest facts. Of course, we seldom just pack and go for one single package. Yes, it's a problem you want. It means you sold something. Still, finding hours off the clock is still hard. But you must to complete the job. Then there's the ice cream cone when we drive by Ed's. All the noise and fuss is wearing, but I stop once I get a cone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gonna be very pretty.

Hey, you know ... IF you ever bought a plain bolster knife, it could be engraved later. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 12:09PM by barnespneumatic.
February 22, 2017 05:59AM
Gary,

I really like that pattern.

Lon
February 22, 2017 10:28PM
Back looks like a vine. Nice!
Jeff
February 23, 2017 02:40AM
image.jpeg

You guys know me. The bone just needed to be jigged and dyed. The bolsters screamed to be carved.

I think it will be a fine folder.

Jeff - yes, that's a vine motif.

ASAP guys. Cash in your coin jars!

Gary
February 23, 2017 04:43PM
Transfer ....

image.jpeg
February 23, 2017 07:03PM
Gary
The other day I was thinkin about posting a picture of my Smoke print . I had to take it home due to the fact that I shattered the glass on my desk top that it was under .( I have pointy elbows) but .... Did you use the same process to transfer that knife carving or did you just free hand it in a mirror ?
Maybe I wasn't posta talk about the smoke thing . Whoops knucklehead

Thanks
Kurt
February 23, 2017 08:29PM
Hi Kurt,

I did make a smoke print. I'm don't have any way to just flip it and rub it off or anything. I use it as a model and then draw on the other design. I'm not going to cut thru a glued on paper, or deal with a coating. My cuts have to be clean and crisp. I can't have anything that clings to my burr or my chisel. Can't have the coating melt and smear. So; best for me is the magic Sharpie as Julio named it. Ha.

Thanks for blab...., I mean asking. rolling happy smiley hehe.

Take Care thumbs up

Gary
February 26, 2017 02:32PM
Smoke print Kurt...
Smoke prints? We don't need no stinkin Smoke prints!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021