Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Having a Cold One after Casting Slugs!

Having a Cold One after Casting Slugs!
February 25, 2017 07:23PM
image.jpeg

I keep them in the fridge. Private stock. "Pink Lady" variety. Yummmm.

Hey .... what did yo.....

Nah. I'm working!

If all ya'll (that's proper Southern for a Group) ... if you all left on the same Coach, I hope you take pictures. I've been posting and working and posting and working .... even my picture when Elvis dropped in alien didn't get a rise. Guess you are all off the grid.

Ok. Have fun. I'll just be here cooking and cleaning and watching the kids ....
February 25, 2017 11:26PM
crap shoot at the market for apples.. just hate when there bone dry.
February 25, 2017 11:55PM
Mmmmm apples
Never tried pink lady though . I'll have to try them if your recommending them cold . I'm in love with the Fuji's but lately I'm on a pink grapefruit kick . I've been eating two a day for a good month now which brings me to my next topic . I've always had 2 grape fruit spoons . One with very fine serrations and one with course serrations . I can only find one of them and have to hand wash after each use . I believe the missing one is with a white sox somewhere in another dimension.
I do believe after seeing you make a serratted knife that if I found a GOOD shape stainless steel teaspoon , I could file in a great set of teeth to get all that juicy goodness away from the rind in one piece without pre cutting them .

Thanks
Kurt
February 26, 2017 01:04AM
I love the Fuji Apples too Kurt. Pink Lady still tops my list.

For a Tart, crunchy, zingy apple .... You start with .....

Gala - mildly tart. Firm. Good meat. Uniform. Last well. Bake well.

Then Fuji - medium tart. Crisp. Not as uniform but good enough. Bake well

Then Pink Lady - KRUNCHY - like a light bulb. Just bursting with tart flavor. NOT SOUR - Perfect. A nice good sized apple. Eat right to the seeds. Never last long enough to bake! Haha.

For your grapefruit knife. Try a smaller triangle file. Hold spoon against a block of wood. I'd make it a pull saw myself. Your choice.

We need pics Kurt!

I had a customer give me a nice big gift of fruit at Christmas! I just ate the last half grapefruit a couple of hours ago! Refrigerator. They say not. They lie!!!! Apples, Oranges, Grapefruits. NOT banannas

Gary
February 26, 2017 02:28PM
Don't know Pink Lady apples. I'll have to find some and try them.
An apple a day...
Jeff
February 26, 2017 02:37PM
An apple a day ...... is a good start. Ha.

2 is better. I got the Doctors on the run! I'll be so healthy, they'll make Infomercials about me!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021