Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: GREAT 308 FUN!!!!

GREAT 308 FUN!!!!
February 27, 2017 10:08PM
Bob .... Honest to God ....., this is photo 9,999 on my phone. We made it under the wire!!! Haha.

The Rifle is Complete. I think it is just .... "Too Fine!"

It has a $5,000 trigger alone. Man!!

image.jpeg

Getting the rest of my proofing in. See you tomorrow!

Gary
February 27, 2017 10:18PM
So THAT's WHY that slug loaded SO HARD!!!! Hummmmmm

Before posting that last pic .... I'd ALREADY LOADED A SLUG!!!

I'll show you the bolt handle. I made a new one that has a palm plate on the rear. So, I just used my finger and slid the bolt a few times. When
In position, I closed it. I thought is was an unsized slug. Almost just blew it off. Then decided to see how that shot. Ha. The flipper plate at about 35 yards. Haha.

image.jpeg

Gary
February 27, 2017 11:03PM
I'd say I'm pretty pleased with this. First Group Ever and at 50 Yards

image.jpeg

I know I'm laying it on thick. However; guys .... this scope came off a gun in Maryland. I was amazed I had a pr of 30mm by 3/8-11mm rails. I assembled the gun. Set the barrel reciever and barrel clamp by eye. I shot a couple of plinking sighters at 35 yards. For Elevation only. Have NEVER yet touched the windage! Hah!! I accidently shot that double at the steel paddle. Figured it was good enough to try a group at 50. #1 was the hit at 8 o'clock. Heyyyy!!!! #2 was the shot at 10 o'clock. Hey, old eyes haven't looked thru this scope in 6+ years. Then #3 shot was back thru at 8 o'clock!!!! "OH BABY BABY!!!!!"

Evidently I haven't forgotten much.

This is a slug I designed and cut the cherry for here at BPS in 2015.

Ok. Kelly says we are going to BURGER KING ..... Woot woot. (We are easily pleased).

Gary
February 28, 2017 01:20AM
Stunning ! Can't wait to get my hands on it and get a group !
See you tomorrow, Hope i get some sleep tonight !

Bob
February 28, 2017 05:20AM
Nice. Chucking everything on a Tuesday to attend to shooting sports. Now there is a guy who has his priorities straight.shooter
Get some pictures if you can squeeze them into that phone Gary.

Lon
February 28, 2017 12:58PM
I got you covered Lon. 16.3 gigs left. I do have to clean this up. Time .... I need more time ..... Ha

Gary
February 27, 2017 10:44PM
Man oh man
That's a sweet looking gun . Congrats to you AND the new owner . Its got to be a great feeling for you and Bob to enjoy some air time together .

Thanks
Kurt
February 28, 2017 02:41PM
Hi Gary,

Feels so good to start a shooting session with a group like the one you shot. It's obvious that this rifle has potential. I wish you and Bob to have a great day testing the .308.shooter

Where else you have the chance to go and test your airgun with the airgunsmith that built it? That's a priceless experience.
March 01, 2017 03:12AM
We had a great day today ! I really enjoyed meeting the Master....Craftsman....Designer....Builder. The rifle fit me like a glove, like I sent him the dimensions I wanted the stock ! She looks gorgeous and handles like a thoroughbred ! Heck with Gary's help I hit everything I shot at and then had a great group myself.

Awesome day,
Thanks Bob
March 01, 2017 03:50AM
Excellent. Kelly and I agree. It was very nice to share the afternoon with you and your your wife, Jana. We felt as if we'd known you for decades. Made for a great day.

I saw that the rifle was quite willing to perform. So glad you felt comfortable with it right away.

We will look forward to following your adventures with the Hawk.

Gary
March 01, 2017 12:44PM
Excellent Gary,
A job well done!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021