Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ready for Assembly

Ready for Assembly
March 22, 2017 12:05AM
image.jpeg

The afternoon demanded my attention for a couple of hours. However: it's ready to assemble.

thumbs up

Gary
Re: Ready for Assembly
March 22, 2017 03:37AM
Wow, check out the mirror polish on those parts! I can see you used an iPhone!

Is the blade A2 and liners stainless? Do the pins hold it altogether or do you have to epoxy everything?

Will be another great knife under your belt!

Pedro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 03:39AM by pedrog.
March 22, 2017 02:18PM
Hi Pedro,

Thks. Yes, the blade and spring are A2. The liners are German Silver. Makes for a nice Tri-metal color.

The pins hold everything together. I hand hammer/form a rivet head on each end of the pins. It's a permanent assembly.

The riveting process is one that's taken for granted. Take a bunch of finished parts, and a ball pean hammer. Then you hammer ... lightly, about a hundred times on each rivet head. All you have to do is just "miss everything" that looks like jewelry, and walk the hammer blows around on the top of a 1/16", or 3/32", or 1/8" pin. Roll the edge over into a tapered rounded symmetrical head. Make sure evertthing is nice and tight. THEN polish the heads, WITHOUT over-polishing the surrounding surfaces. Simple knucklehead

Thanks Pedro!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 02:38PM by barnespneumatic.
March 22, 2017 01:20PM
I can see my name all over that fine specimen . I love what you've done with it Gary . I think that's the 3rd copper one I've seem you make . I fell in love with the first one ( picture) you did and it sold fast . The second one was in person and again looks like a copper diamond ! I'm excited for ALL those assembly's you have going . I would think THAT would be the best part of the process to do except for cashing the check of course . Hehe
sunny

Thanks
Kurt
March 22, 2017 02:10PM
Spend some time looking at the details & you can see there was a LOT of time spent getting that far. Thanks for the glimpse.

Rick G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021