April 02, 2017 05:28PM
On your Blue Mammoth 97!

image.jpeg

thumbs up

Gary
Re: Julio - working
April 02, 2017 08:38PM
Hi Julio
Hope you and yours are well . A blue mammoth should be very exciting and really catch ones attention. .
Gary when you say mammoth is that a bone or a tusk . I know one of my favorite knifes was your mammoth insert 97 md on your web page ! It's a really fancy looking piece that I always admired .
Are those the blue inserts we saw awhile back or ....

Can't wait to see . It just never ends does it

Thanks
Kurt
April 02, 2017 11:20PM
And ....,

image.jpeg

He gets TWO sides!!!!

I know, I know. Bang!. Mind Blown!!!!

Gary
April 02, 2017 11:31PM
Hi Kurt,

It is NATURALLY stained Wooly Mammoth Tusk. The outside (Bark Ivory) is stained a strong blue color. This takes place over eons as the tusk is buried within mineral deposits. And so, it's commonly said the blue color leaching in, would be from ground rich in copper.

People wonder at the fact that actual MAMMOTH IVORY exists. Well, consider .... the tusks are found in permafrost areas. Often while gold mining with water cannons. They erode hillsides and thus reveal tusk. Ivory by its nature, is excccccceptionally long lived. It just doesn't rot. Mammoth lived over tens of thousands of years. Herds and herds of them. The tusks add up. If you want to market them, I think you have to arrange to be born Intuit or such. It's a birthright of theirs. They sell to us. We happily buy. It's the cycle.

I will photograph along the way.

Gary
April 02, 2017 11:35PM
No. The blue inserts shown recently were a pr of bone scales. Nothing like the Mammoth. thumbs up

Thanks Kurt!
Gary
April 03, 2017 11:21AM
Hello Gary and Kurt,

Gary thanks for posting the pictures of this knife. This one is one of my favorites, specially because of the mammoth ivory inserts. I'm a fan of that material.

Kurt we are doing find, thanks for asking and I hope that you and your family are doing well. The blue on this mammoth ivory is intense, we'll have to see how tney look on the 97's inserts.

Take care,

Julio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021