Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AURORA PREMIERE..... almost done. Pics. 90%

AURORA PREMIERE..... almost done. Pics. 90%
April 18, 2017 12:57AM
IMG_4366.JPG

This is a beautiful handmade folder. Talk about standing the test of time, parts of this knife are 30,000 years old! So; if you want a "fresh one", you better pass. Haha.

IMG_4370.JPG

It's not complete yet. I swear someone is adding items to the bottom of the completion list, as I work!

IMG_4372.JPG

Hummmm .... .............,

IMG_4367.JPG

I had some backtracking to do. I had laid up the scales with that beautiful dark purple liner of my own skeeter tusk. But the combination of everything was too thick. The previous pic which showed the liner was not yet sculpted, so it REALLY looked too thick. I thought it just didn't work. I had to grind the back liners off. Keep all straight and true and flat. Not overheat. Was a precise operation.

This is going to be a nice Signature piece for me. I hope you like it. I'll finish and offer it tomorrow.

Thank You for reading and considering this fine Aurora Premiere model.

Gary

I'll post it asap. I have to do some maintenance in the am. I'll complete this asap!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2017 06:22PM by barnespneumatic.
April 18, 2017 10:03PM
Super cool Gary
So reading your list " To Do"

1: sand blast
2: laser
3: nail polish

Any ways what's the whirled peas ? Can't we all just get along ?? You just checkin to see IF we read your list ain't ya ! I get it Give peas a chance. ( John Lennon )

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2017 10:04PM by kurt wag.
April 18, 2017 10:33PM
The miserable thing dumped a specially worded reply to you .... AGAIN!!!

Well .... what did I say .......?

Kurt, we've all been waiting for you to get home from work. Nobody wanted to make a peep until then. The reasons are unique to each.

I'm glad the photos met your threshold for responding. Though I remain unworthy, I thank you.

My day has been eaten up with this and that. Mowing. Tractor bucket work on the ditches that sustain us.

I'll continue on this knife now.

Ah, I checked your post. Yes - I did wonder if people read. Used to be people would study the pics and tell me I was getting low on 10/32 by 1/2" Button Head Socket Drive Cap Screws. (stainless - the carbon steel ones are good for now). Now I post stuff like this and .... we all wait for you to get home.

Thanks Kurt,
Gary
April 19, 2017 01:00AM
Hi Gary, i think most would agree your work just gets better. Running out of superlatives.
April 19, 2017 04:00PM
looking very cool - the "Mosaic Mammoth" look is very unique!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 05:19PM by joebill.
April 19, 2017 06:00PM
Thanks Joebill,

I know you appreciate the fact that the mineral and chemical stains which leach into the tusk, colors the material. A mosaic like this, gives quite a "Sampler" of those colors and grains as well.

Look at this example; I've never noticed this, myself! There's a chatoyance (word you introduced me to I think), French - Chat - Cat ..... Cat's Eye. Looks like the stone.

Look at this first pic. The Taffy piece in the middle. (It has a beautiful fine weave to it close focus) but looks plain here.

IMG_4393.JPG

Now I rotate it about 60 degrees!

It flashes!!!!!

IMG_4394.JPG

Look at those dark stripes which appeared!!!

Beautiful. Surface is a bit translucent too. Amazing.

When you see the transformation in motion, it's georgeous!

Gary
April 19, 2017 06:01PM
Btw - that piece to the right showed up ugly when ground. It has been replaced now.

Which is WHY the knife was not complete and offered yesterday. why me

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 06:09PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 340 on August 28, 2024