Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 3d Printer Nozzle

3d Printer Nozzle
July 22, 2017 04:28AM
A little more off topic of what I have been up to. Tried making my first nozzle based on an expensive printer I have seen on the net. Company I work for received the printer this past week so getting ideas.

Biggest concern was drilling the .4mm hole which is 1/64". I happened to have that size drill. Was able to drill 1/4" deep and thought a little deeper would be nice when snap! Drill broke! I drilled the backside and hoped the larger drill would push out the tiny fragment and it did!

IMG_4045.jpg

Made a heat block and much to large at first, got way to hot and cause issues. Heat travels up the nozzle and melts plastic to high up causing jams. More to try and learn.

Thanks again for reading!

Pedro
July 22, 2017 05:38AM
Pedro,

Interesting stuff. With the price and availability of these parts off the shelf, what are you trying to do that is different?

Lon
July 23, 2017 03:41AM
Hello Lon,

Not really trying to do anything differently. Rather seeing if I can make something that will work and know I have the skills to do it. Making and trying something's yourself I find is a good learning experience as to why a design sometimes has to be a particular way.

There are many parts available and as you mentioned inexpensive. Seems the knock offs are almost as good as most and 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

Thanks,

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021