Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What's the Next Chapter for Barnes?

What's the Next Chapter for Barnes?
May 18, 2009 10:33PM
Some of the external "flags" which are flying, are not a true representation of life behind the doors of Barnes Pneumatic. Allow me to explain what I plan to do about that. Better get a cup of coffee. coffee

As the gears continue to turn, I continue to work on ledger projects. Everybody is aware of that, and most are aware that is playing out as fast as possible. However; day to day snapshots are much like pictures of a ship in the middle of the ocean. When the ship leaves port - there's the fanfare ... the waving passengers ... the coastline fading in the wake. When the ship is coming into port - there's the excitement of the anticipated port call, docking, etc. However; when the ship is in the middle of the ocean ... most days look the same. Hummm ... sky behind us - sky ahead of us ... water all around us ... let's go back inside.

I get many inquiries as to when the ledger will open again. There is no current plan to re-open the ledger, in the near future. That's a disappointment to those who wish to order. It can't be helped, as I've ceased submitting myself to the futile guessing game of production time. However; the desire of guessing a delivery has changed to the desire to anticipate the re-opening of the ledger. This gives a false feeling that everything is just standing still. Far from reality.

The excitement of constant innovation on my web site, was tied to the release of endless new models. As I've released no new models since I ceased accepting orders ... some of the "fun factor" has left the website. That, again, creates the false impression that the magic madness of creativity has ground to a halt. Nothing is farther from the truth. The innovation and creativity has had to find it's way into the completion of pre-existing orders, or go into the paper files lest it be lost. That's been maddening for me, and boring for readers. Without the release of new models, the website remains a wonderful reference source ... but the "gee wiz" of new things has been curtailed. That's a shame.

To offset these effects, I began the Rendezvous Forum (believing the interaction of customers having Barnes guns, and those interested in Barnes guns, would create an exciting mix). And, it's enjoyable ... but we've reaffirmed that most people simply refuse to put any effort into it, beyond occasionally reading. The few who have put significant time into it, wear very thin with giving up hours and hours to post interesting material ... for such a meager conversational return. So; there can be the crushing silence of the void between significant posts. That gives the impression that nothing is happening.

Then, of course, there's been conversation of my health. Bor-ring. But ... required to explain certain realities. However; it's easy to get the idea of an old derelict drifting off into the fog. Hardly an accurate representation. The lights are on and burning brightly. I have more ideas (and ideas cross-referenced with decades of experience) than I've ever had in my life. My skills, continue to build. It's my lousy back that's degraded. However; whatever makes me tick, is doing just fine. The steady march of the ledger projects will go on, as it has. That's a vast amount of work, that's working out according to the plan I hatched a couple of years ago ... (to do it all as one order for effeciency).

With all that said: I'd like to make you aware of the next chapter for Barnes Pneumatic, and Gary Barnes. I'm calling it the "Black Diamond Program". At some time in the future ... collectors will look back over the members of a very limited, and select category of Barnes guns. Each member of the Black Diamond Group, will be unique. They will not have been ordered. They will not have had "options". They will have been made for no person in particular ... but have been the special long term project which gave Gary an outlet for creative innovation.

A "Black Diamond" Barnes PCP, will be a compilation of features which have been working their way around the back of my mind. They'll have some major feature I wished to explore. From the development, I'll continue to gain knowledge I'll apply to all of my work. Just as the guns I've made since, have bettered the build of each order taken.

As I work thru building, developing, testing, and shooting any Black Diamond gun; I'll build the total kit it requires. Not as a project that is hounding me ... but as a project that absorbs my leisure, and my recreation. I hope this will bring an enjoyment to this stage of my career (recall - this is my 35th year in business). And, I hope this will bring a wealth of ongoing material to share with you, as well. At some time, probably co-inciding with the completion of a hunting season ... or the onset of a new series of ideas, I'll sell the complete "Black Diamond Member". The gun, the tooling, the casting molds, sizing dies ... perhaps even a custom case. Targets, history, pictures. Obviously, these guns will be sold at a premium which reflects their place in my overall body of work. Each will have some outstanding characteristic which will break new ground. That will be the characteristic which will make them belong to the "Black Diamond" group.

35 years. A long time to build unique items. These rare items will be the best of the best. I have no idea how many will eventually exist over the next decade. Three? Eight? Time will tell. Of course ... anybody can talk. But - don't bet against me. A few of the ideas for these have been "in the bag" for a long time. And certain corners of the shop remain in shadow ....

It's become clear recently, that I need to "show the flag" a bit more. The time has come to begin the next chapter. I hope you will all look forward to periodic glimpses of, and the very rare release of a "Barnes Black Diamond".

Gary
May 18, 2009 11:32PM
That's great news to hear Gary! If you don't mind, can you tell us a little more about your Black Diamond guns like caliber, power, styling, so we all can drool and daydream about them he..he.
May 19, 2009 01:11AM
Hello Peter,

Whatever will have been developing itself in the back of my mind. It will be an project to enjoy when I'm fatigued from the regular routine. There will be no reason to copy existing designs ... there are so very many I haven't gotten to yet. Obviously, extremely powerful guns interest me, and seem to interest those who enjoy my work. I'm not ready to disclose much more. Just wanted to get the concept out there.

Do you know how refreshing it is to turn down the regular noise, and experience something that holds a special interest for you? I brings you back in a better frame of mind. That's what I've always tried to do, with my special projects. It so happens that; I build for a living ... but I also build out of enjoyment for exploring new territory. No matter how busy you are at work ... you still get to go home once in awhile. This is where I go, when I get to go home.

Gary
May 18, 2009 11:42PM
Hehe

is that like the "Black" Mastercards that you cannot apply for, but must be asked into the club :-)

BTW, I think the "level" of customer they are looking for is someone who spends about 250k/yr on their card..... ie far beyond Platinum and even beyond Titanium MCs!!!

I think the Ionbond/Bodycote company has a product they vapor deposit on metal parts called DLC - Diamond-like Carbon.....

perhaps this can be incorporated ;-)
May 19, 2009 01:02AM
Hi Joebill,

Maybe more like black diamond ski trails, indicating the highest degree of difficulty. thumbs up

Gee ... guess I won't be asked into the Black Mastercard club anytime during this life. ;?) See - I didn't even know what I was missing.

Gary
May 19, 2009 01:20AM
Gary,

I have a lot of time off this summer. If you need any help cleaning your shop, I can come over and help clean up those shadows.

Jerry and Jim see, what you been missing.

Let's see hunting season starts in October. Somebody is going to get a early Christmas present. Dory
May 19, 2009 01:51AM
Don't worry Dory, we haven't been missing anything. Those are the pictures WE don't post! winking smiley
May 19, 2009 12:47PM
Ha!

And you thought you needed security clearance to fly with "Nukes". grinning smiley THAT was nothing like the security screening the guys in "the cave" had to run on you in order for you to wander around my shop "without" the paper bag over your head. smileys with beer

Those guys that handle the alien bodies at Area 51? Bunch of schlubs. Never get into my shop. winking smiley I got "stuff".

Gary
May 19, 2009 12:59PM
I'll keep that in mind Mark ... thanks. thumbs up

Gary
May 19, 2009 05:24AM
Whew! Ya had me worried for a minute there Bud.
ShipWrck.jpg
May 19, 2009 08:04PM
Ah ... always get a bit misty when I see pics of the ole Barnes Pneumatic Yacht. Dang that Carter fella ...

Gary
May 19, 2009 07:52AM
Awww, Gary, just more teasing of those of us who are underprivileged and unBarnesed.......wink
May 19, 2009 01:11PM
Hey ... you've got a harbor. What are you complaining about? haha. winking smiley

Had a couple of more comments - I'll drop them here ...

These guns won't be built just for a "stunt". They'll be refined, and well appointed. I have a few of these ideas in my head - they keep piling up and I have to clear them out once in awhile or they demand more and more of my RAM.

Also - this is "not" a new model ... or a new production run ... nothing like that. I'm not taking on more burden on my time. These will be projects that take some time, because they will be built during time others might like to use for ... oh ... golf, fishing, polishing the hotrod, etc. I'm sure it will seem odd to many that won't see the line between building one airgun over another. However; the freedom to explore new ground, is refreshing to me. Repeating ground already covered is work. It's enjoyable work - rewarding work. But it's what I do for a living. This will be what I do because I want to do it.

I'll show you a few pics when I get a chance.

Gary
betting pool
May 19, 2009 08:36AM
I'll officically kick off the 'betting pool' on the configuration of the first 'black diamond' project.

- >/= ninety-nine caliber, lets call it at least a one-inch bore
- at least one usable shot per air charge
- weight. man portable
- barrel length, short enough to fit the guncase in a short-bed pickup
- FPE, in the four-digit range
- accuracy, minute-of-gopher
- scope, Simmons 4x shotgun scope from Walmart, of course!grinning smiley

Of course, it could be something a bit smaller.whistling
Re: betting pool
May 19, 2009 12:19PM
hahahah ... I love it.

Gosh ... am I THAT "scope" predictable? smileys with beer Gosh ... maybe I should put TWO Simmons scopes on it? laughing again

Gary
May 19, 2009 10:23AM
I think this time Gary will not play around when it comes to the power of the Black Diamond guns. Gary's quote "extremely powerful guns interest me" tells me that some of the guns probably will be EXTREMELY powerful(1000fpe+?), huge bore, drop dead GORGEOUS, the baddest of bigbores, and would be the bigbore that any redblooded bigbore enthusiast would happy to "die" for to own one he..he.. Sorry Gary, my imagination been running wild ever since you mentioned the" Black Diamond" guns he..he.
May 19, 2009 04:18PM
Peter

I was thinking kinda the opposite......

While we all expect certain things of Barnes, I had a vision of medium caliber, ultra refined details, lotsa engraving and carving, deep dark bluing to the point of being Black.

Wood being ultra figured (I know, Ive read and reread Gary's thoughts on fiugred wood) or a way cool laminate, ground breaking anodizing patterns and colors.....

Ah whats the use.....smiling smiley....... I know Gary well enough that what ever I can think of, he's got something 10 times better, and a hundred times more gorgeous....full of stuff Ive never dreamed of .........

We wait with extreme impatience.......whistling
May 19, 2009 06:06PM
Something like "Nautilus", but bit different still...?

Exciting!
May 19, 2009 11:30PM
Hmm perhaps a falling block big bore with a butt flask, whatever is produced bet it will be awesome.
May 20, 2009 01:38AM
GAry

Black Diamond like a ski slope?????

Not sure if your ol' Viking bones could TAKE a Black Diamond ski slope!!!!!! hehehe

you need hummingbird/leprechaun muscles - maybe I can help ya out!

looking forward to the design concepts.excited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 02:19AM by joebill.
May 20, 2009 10:14AM
Heheheh . . . ahhhh, the imagery. laughing again

-- Jim
Anonymous User
May 20, 2009 01:39AM
Over/Under break barrel butt reservior .62 caliber rifled barrel on top with a smooth bore 20 gauge on the bottom. Exposed hammers single trigger. OOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR
SideXSide express magnum with the reservior resting underneath the two .58 claiber barrels. Same exposed hammers, their important, the Buffalo and Elk wildlife scenes engraved on each side plate will be a must. Steel butt plate and splinter forestock with brass end piece, I can almost feel it.
May 20, 2009 01:14PM
OK Joe ... now I'm a bit worried about my security program here. I'm gonna have to re-check the cameras around the filing cabinets! thumbs up

Steel butt plate ya say ... I can guarantee you would ... "feel" ... that! hahah. winking smiley

Gary
May 20, 2009 02:38AM
Yeah, I think some of the Black Diamond guns will be side by side too. It would be very interesting. Imagine that, a side by side with 800 fpe per barrel in .58 or bigger for large games! Can you make my dream comes true and sign me up for a Black Diamond gun Gary? he..he.
May 22, 2009 04:55AM
Gary,

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Bravo"! and "Congratulations"!
I get it. I really do. As a small business owner myself I know exactly how it feels to get up day in and day out feeling like you're under the gun (no pun intended) and that you've got to "make it all happen" again. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do or I wouldn't do it and I'm sure you feel the same. But boy how I've dreamed of the day, someday, that I can step back a bit, slow the wheels down, and just fiddle with something that I'm really excited about. Something that I don't HAVE TO GET DONE BY FRIDAY for someone. Something that no one even knows I'm doing.
Well it sounds like you're getting close to that point and I'm just really pleased to hear it. Jealous, for sure, but happy for you just the same.
Way to go Gary!!

Oh, one other thing. You mention, correctly I'll have to assume, that many of the Rendezvous readers don't post much of the time and that seems to be frustrating for you. I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you why I don't post often. The truth is I have very little knowledge regarding most of the topics and I'm here mainly because I've developed a love of and a fascination with your work. Is "artist" the right word? I don't know. But whatever you are you're a very rare breed who can be appreciated by a wide range of folks. Does that make any sense? Well anyway, I just wanted you to know that this is still where I go after all these years to relax, unwind, and marvel. It's very, very much appreciated.

Scott
May 22, 2009 03:11PM
Thank you Scott,

I appreciate you comments. I'm glad you find enjoyment in the materials here.

I try to do the same. Hope to find an interesting thread to relax with. See the work I'm put so much effort into being shared. The frustration is in realizing that almost nothing happens unless I get out of the car and push. So - any relaxation factor is nearly non-existent. Not seeing any feedback of the work I've already placed in the field is like getting back in the car, and finding the emergency brake has been drawn the whole time I was pushing. more confused So ... I guess people get tired of my whining about it. And wish I'd just post more fresh materials. But - you know how it is when you think you've put things things in motion ... and then come back to find everything at a dead stop again.

Regarding the Black Diamond guns: That's where things are going. For now ... there's alot of work to keep pushing to the door. It's going well. I'm feeling good after the last injections. They really help. So ... back to the shop. Thanks for the note. smiling smiley

Gary
May 23, 2009 01:51AM
Joe Hoover A side by side magnum brilliant!
May 27, 2009 02:51AM
Gary,
I thought I would throw in my 2 bits.

I've had several discussions over the years on this. I'm sure you, Gary, have got tired of my ideas. Ha Ha

If you ever did make a gun like the guys mentioned it would definitely be one of kind and take twice as long to make and cost appropriately.

I think you already started the Black Diamond series, just couldn't put a name to it. Remember the beaver gun from this Spring. Had all the extra little things done to it to make it perform a specific requirement.

That's what I think it is. Building them with variations that make them handle/perform and look amazing.

Like a .58 that you don't need a special scope or mount to shoot out to a 1000 feet.

Am I getting close Gary?

Had a great weekend. With this hot wx hopefully your joints are doing better. Dory
May 27, 2009 06:08PM
Hi Dory,

Yes - I do, indeed, remember the beaver gun. I worked many extra hours on that to bring it to an amazing degree of refinement. And, I've shared with you all ... in great detail ... exactly ALL of the feedback I've gotten for the extra effort. All the reports. All the pictures. Sort of like the ones before that, and the ones after that. And, that's the reason we drag on, without new materials to read. If I make anything off the ledger, I get in trouble. If I make anything on the ledger, it gets dragged down a rat hole.

To honest? Must be the drugs. haha. I had another series of epidural injections this morning. These were the most painful I've ever gotten. Must have been the re-cycled rusty needles ... or railroad spikes. They give me a slight sedative ... not nearly long enough before the proceedure to kick in and do much good. Afterwards, not having had anything to eat all day before the proceedure ... I find myself face down in a place of pancakes at Denny's ... with the sedative in full swing an hour after the proceedure. No ... altering the timing is not an option apparently. I checked in and went over my insurance information (for the twenty-fifth time) and then went and sat in the waiting room ... and became more and more nervous ... over the next hour. By the time I was called to go back and put on the little embarrassing gown, my blood pressure nearly blew up the guage. It ran twice automatically - while the nurse said ... "did that start again? ... you must have gotten wound up". When I pointed out I'd been sitting contemplating my demise for an hour WITHOUT the sedative ... she said they'd been .... busy. Great fun. I'd recommend it for any crazed terriost.

Yes ... there are always guns here and there in the shop that are being assembled and proofed for ledger spots. Sometimes I just know they'll go to someone who "would have" choosen the model had it existed years ago when they ordered. I get that worked out with the customers who have stayed in touch and I've gotten to know their taste and interest. Honestly ... if previous guns have gone down a rat hole, I admidt to being biased to placing them with a party who will use them and report on them. I don't start an endless process of making the complete rounds of the ledger with a possible substitution from pistols to elephant guns ... and answer "how long is it, what does it weigh, how many shots, what's the pull length, what's the velocity for six different slugs, etc.?" Sounds callous. Terrible of me. Some people, I just know would like this gun better than what they had ordered (it's a close match - only more refined yet) ... and that they know me well enough that I wouldn't offer them something that wasn't a match for them. Some folks use them, some folks hide them. I know readers get tired of hearing that. However; I've made clear for over ten years that the contracted price does not, in any way, recover the effort I put into these works. I want feedback. It's absolutely the only reward I get for spending my life making this stuff. I could mow lawns and make the same amount of money. I want to use that feedback to ease my own burden in not having to pull a fresh rabbit out of my hat every week to fill websites and entertain clients who are reading and waiting. I've made this exceedingly clear. So; there's nothing else to say about that. People want to see my guns in the field. They want to hear from real owners - not me. But - it just doesn't happen. I hear that I should just not care what happens to them after they're shipped. That I've done my job, and I've been paid. Toss them in the shredder - why does it matter? Sorry - doesn't cut it. Everyone universally recognizes that the work has long term merit - heirloom value - so it's just not being paid for guarding a warehouse at night. It retains a connection with me that will last my lifetime. I contracted originally with the clear understanding that I was asking for participation. I've re-inforced that point so many times thru the years that it writes itself into half of my posts. So; seems it wrote itself again. Point being.... there are guns being completed for customers ... that don't fit the catalog. Every time I show one, I get my butt chewed because someone tells me THAT wasn't available before my order ... so you MUST be jumping ahead of me ... and I'm now annoyed. Fact is ... it's going to replace an existing order ... for a very good waiting customer ... who origonally ordered something close to this new development. However; I get tired of having my butt chewed ... despite the endless explainations ... which simply don't register or convince people. So; some things I just don't have the nerves to show. I also can't go back and toss out twenty guns that are 75% finished because now something new has come along. I did that for ten years, before ceasing accepting orders ... and it just got me into more trouble. Often, anything new is not significantly "better" in any way ... it just has the "buzz" of being new. And, "new" is the only thing that keeps my artistic mind from exploding.

Oh .. another subject that keeps coming up. Used Barnes guns on the net. I can't guarantee people, or the condition of the existing guns out there. About six times a week, I hear that "so and so" has a bunch of Barnes guns. Can you tell me all about him, all about the guns, what are the calibers, what are the power ranges, etc., etc. ... And, it puts me in an impossible position. My guns get shipped, and then it seems to be the practice that 85% of the buyers go immediately into the witness protection program. I can pointedly ask them, face to face, how their gun is doing ... and it will be one of those comedy routines where they look off to the left - over my head - to the right - and act like they didn't hear me. Therefore; I haven't a clue what the condition of the guns in the field are. I know, that if Jerry ever puts any of his guns for sale ... you should feel confident to pay between 150% and 200% of what he paid for them. They are in perfect maintained condition. Kent's guns, Jim's guns, the same. Most other guns ... I don't have a clue. Now ... point is ... I can't go to bat for guns (and people) that I haven't seen in ten years. I certainly don't have the time to bring in every gun I've made, reseal it, reblue it, refinish the stocks, tune it, and then guarantee it. You buy new from me - you get the support system. A guns goes into the dungeon for ten years ... I don't have a clue ... and I can't spend a week, for a new buyer who found something on the net ... to make his purchase a honey of a deal. Certain people will have a gun or two ... which they'll seemingly have in an eternal state of "sale". Thus ... I hear about it month after month. What am I supposed to say ... if I've already gotten guns back to me ... from disappointed buyers who bought used Barnes' represented "as new" ... which were not. If you wish to buy used ... there's very little someone can do to absslutely ruin a Barnes. However; it's not my responsibility to find a way to get your new toy into the shop and make it all new and shiny before people who have been waiting for their guns. Examine very, very closely. Ask for maintenance records. If it's ten years old, use your head ... it needs to be resealed. You have to take it apart to do that. It's like buying a fine automobile. You can buy a real ragged out Mercedes ... which can easily be rebuilt by a dealer (if you want to wait and pay). I got an excellent recommendation from an elderly gentleman once (who had run a Porsche dealership for decades). He told me that you simply could NOT pay too much for a used Porsche in immaculate condition. And ... you simply cannot pay too little for one that's been abused.

OK ... If you didn't like anything I said honestly ... chalk it up to the drugs. winking smiley

Gary
May 27, 2009 11:24PM
I just want to say that those offering a minimum of 225% of what I paid will be given a fair hearing but sales are not assured and are dependent on my opinion of a "good home." more innocent
May 28, 2009 01:22AM
I concur. smileys with beer

Back home from a week and a half of solid 14+ hour days (yeah, over the holiday weekend too) -- for a little bit. Getting on a plane Friday afternoon.

I am more guilty of fishing thru the "gutter," as Gary likes to call it, for used Barnes rifles than probably anyone else during the last few years. I've been fortunate -- I knew the Scout 45 was brand new, and with the Alpine 45 and Delta 45 I just got plain lucky (though pics in both cases gave me a very good idea of the true condition of each). To prospective buyers -- ask questions. Demand up-close, detailed pictures, and a full record of the gun's use and maintenance history. Such pics will show rust, scratches, "modifications," and any other abuse which the rifle might have suffered (though usually no internal mechanical problems unfortunately). If the seller sends you blurry, out-of-focus, or far-away pics, that's not good enough (for me anyway). Do your research on Gary's website to find as much info as you can on the particular rifle -- many of them are chronicled deep in the bowels of glbarnes.com. I lusted over the pics and web pages of both the Delta and Alpine for a long time until the opportunities presented themselves for acquisition -- and when they did, I was ready and knew what to expect. Do your homework. nerd

But also remember that Gary makes NOTHING from these aftermarket sales, so do your best to support him when the opportunity arises again to purchase new rifles direct from Barnes Pneumatic.

-- Jim
May 28, 2009 01:41AM
OK, I figure I'll chime in here as one of the "guilty parties" as far as not posting pictures knucklehead

This has nothing to do with Gary...I am constantly in trouble with my better half for not taking enough pictures of my kids,dogs, flowers - you name it! hehe

I also plead guilty to reading more often than writing, but again, not for any particular reason - usually I just don't think I have alot to add. I mostly shoot my Woodsman to blast stuff, and I have continued to cast slugs from time to time, with input from Gary.

ANYWAY.... at least I have not disappeared into the black hole completely, and I am in the process of acquiring a compressor (!) so that I can shoot more often..maybe I'll even get some pictures at some point more innocent

That's my line and I'm sticking to it....
fresh rabbits
May 30, 2009 06:40AM
I like the line about "fresh rabbits". We've all gotten so used to the consumer model where everything has to be "new" and "improved" all the time just to be considered worth buying. Last minutes model is pure junk, it HAS to be the latest, greatest, mostest and bestest...or so they keep telling us. From the big ticket items like new cars all the way on down the product chain to chewing gum and toothpaste, it seems that everyone expects NEW to be the mantra, the drumroll, new...new...new....it's gotta be new.

Of course, most of the so-called 'new' in stuff these days is pure, distilled marketing hype, change solely for the sake of change itself. It's all driven by marketing, they've gotta have something "new" to tout to justify spending all the advertising money and their own not inconsiderable salaries. It's driven by the endless cycle of our disposable consumer culture. A new car every year. A new cell phone every six months. A new computer every chance you get. Yes, sometimes they DO make significant improvements as technology marches on, but a lot of the time it's just a shiny new paint job on a questionably "new" , minor incremental change.

Personally, I'm fine with Barnes Pneumatic NOT having a marketing department. In fact it's a net positive, in my book, that you don't. I also understand that you don't want to make a hundred copies of the same rifle all in a row. I understand that not everyone on the ledger is going to get an airgun that looks EXACTLY like the one in the picture onlin, because when you DO make a change to a model, there's actually a reason for it. I'm fine with understanding that most of the rabbits that come out of the hat will look and act pretty much like...well...rabbits. I don't need one with orange fur and six legs just because it's "new".
June 15, 2009 08:36PM
wow , thats a lot written on this post , and it still makes sense , all in all no one could argue with the original sentiment at all, ive just discovered this thread after sending an e mail , but this sums things up well , its not fair for people to expect another revolutinary design every couple of months , its just not how the world works , but looking back through the older stuff it seems that gary has been turning out mechanical masterpieces in an artistic way forever. i understand that it may be getting a bit repettative to turn out some of the older designs while still having so many new ideas too . but , people still love the older stuff too , even though no two guns are ever the same. its quite a feat of both engineering ,and dedication to work for anyone to keep the standards as high all the time , and that would be without the health and other personal circumstances coming into the equasion.
but i do detect a very fresh enthusiasm whith the mention of the black diamond series, maybe enthusiasm isnt the right word, but its nice to see a bounce in the keys again as gary writes. guess that sums it up.
mind you , black diamond , better than , best of , new ideas ,,,,,,,,, no pressure there gary . lol . i def think the biggest critic of garys work is gary , thats what keeps the standards as high, i dont even think in the years of reading garys own site as well as here ive even seen a picture with a fingerprint in it . and thats only the pictures infact , i dont even think ive seen a picture that isnt pleasing to the eye.
gary , just do what you do , keep doing what you do as long as it suits , no one will complain , but , dont make yourself ill doing it.
if anyone complains , send them the bits youve made so far , and let them finish the work themselves , or find someone else who could ,, its just not going to happen.
not exactly sure what ive said in this ,, but i know what i mean . hope it all makes sense .
guess it boils down to dont let people stress you out , and good luck with the diamonds,although as ever , i suspect luck wont play a part in their sucess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021