Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 308 Build - 3rd Update

308 Build - 3rd Update
August 27, 2017 02:49AM
Been working on the cocking levers last two evenings and today. Didn't have the right material for one cocking arm so I had to add flat stock to increase the strength of the tubing as I had to mill off a lot. Finally used the mig welder I bought awhile ago that uses the flux-core wire. It welded better than I thought it would. Of course the part warped so I had to bend it straight. Used stainless as that was the only material I had at home. Cocking spring is a low pound force and will substitute the heavy one Monday to see how strong the setup is.

Next few things we'll be to get a working valve made and then test the gun. From there remake many parts of the correct materials. Once everything is proven I will make parts "lighter".

[youtu.be]

It is a lot of work building they rifle but I find it to be relaxing and keeps me from thinking about stresses of work, etc.

Thanks for reading.

Pedro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2017 02:50AM by pedrog.
August 27, 2017 01:12PM
Good job Pedrog,
Thanks for the update. I hope it continues to go well.
Later,
Jeff
September 02, 2017 07:45PM
Nice progress Pedro,
why did you decide to go with the Texas cocking lever instead of a modified condor sidecocking handel?
September 03, 2017 07:59PM
Firstly not aware of a Condor side-cocking handle. Second, will have a heavy spring on this rifle and wanted to be able to easily cock the rifle. Third, I have always wanted to build a lever type rifle.

Thanks

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021