Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: PICTURES! artist

PICTURES! artist
August 31, 2017 10:27PM
Hope you enjoy pics from the last couple of days.
IMG_6967.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG
IMG_6970.JPG
IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6973.JPG
IMG_6974.JPG
IMG_6975.JPG
IMG_6976.JPG
August 31, 2017 10:29PM
That's ONLY the tip of the Iceberg.
August 31, 2017 11:15PM
Gary,

Hmmmmmmmm!

The Knife looks like it will be killer when finished, but don't drop it in the woods.. ha ha. You might need to install a Clapper to find it.

The parts in the lathe looks very airgun to me.. "festive"

The food......YUM. I just had oatmeal for breakfast.. sigh.

Great to see chips flying.

Larry
September 02, 2017 12:02AM
Hi Larry!

Yeah ... I'll have to haunt the flea markets for Clappers. Great idea. thumbs up

Thank God it's only an hour to dinner .... I'm ready to sit a spell.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 12:04AM by barnespneumatic.
September 02, 2017 12:17AM
IMG_6992.JPG

The BEACH called. Apparently there's been a crush of people wanting Cuff Bracelets. Wheeeelllllllll ..... this should put an end to THAT!!! Hah!!!

"Ummmm .... turtles? .... Turtles??? .... I said "Gerbils". GER-BILS..... •<€0o* ."

Gary
September 01, 2017 04:48AM
Ahh
Looks good even down to the 2 perfect curls peeling off that drill bit . Definitely a good sharp twister . It's kinda weird but on the machine I run Curleys are NOT good . The spoils from drilling are chips and even blue . Now that's different from anything I've learned growing up .
The style of cutting inserts require a chip break and when all settings are optimal you get blue chips .
Glad to see some barrel action goin on at BPS.

Thanks
Kurt
September 01, 2017 01:56PM
Hi Kurt,

I ran some longer curls out for Hollywood. I make a segmented "tick" in the feed to break the curl normally. Drill, pause, drill, pause. That's aluminum so, no blue.

On a lathe, you don't want those whipping and snaking around. They are razor sharp and will get wrapped if you let them get too long. I figured I wouldn't get busted too bad for a few inches of dramatic quick shot. Gee, sorry Dad! Haha. Guess I'll have to start shaving, wear a bow tie, and a fresh shop coat for pics ..... can't have ANY funnnn.....
September 01, 2017 04:13PM
Well, we know Kelly is not visiting relatives; no cans with lifted, jagged lids and a plastic spoon sticking out of the top.laughing

Lon
September 02, 2017 12:01AM
That's right Lon.

She's on the job. Considering the benefit package, I'm surprised she hasn't gone on strike .... !

Thanks for commenting. Haha

Gary
September 02, 2017 11:42AM
Hey Gary and Kelly,
There is some beautiful 'stuff' in those pictures. That knife almost looks tiger striped.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Later,
Jeff
September 02, 2017 04:08PM
HUMBLE REMINDER: If there is an inner tendency to grumble, when you see a tray of pendants or bracelets, just remember that you LOVE those pendants and bracelets. 98.84% of forum readers prefer to watch in silence. When that flicker goes out .... oh boy! So; jump up and shout hallelujah (or raise your eyelids a centimeter), when those trays go to the Beach! I haven't had a day off in six weeks, so; I'm on the job no matter what I'm doing. Big Smile!

Thanks for reading
Gary
September 02, 2017 07:49PM
Gary, have you ever made any daggers?
September 02, 2017 08:11PM
Yes. Quite a few. From approx. 3" to 18" blades. I'll have many pics. What kind no are you talking about?

Thanks
Gary
September 03, 2017 02:59PM
18 " sound interesting, can you upload a picture?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021